• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archer

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just watched the most recent episode. It was indeed excellent. The one before it was solid, too. Maybe the reboot is finally hitting its stride.

My stupid DVR only recorded the last nine seconds of this episode because my wife had scheduled a bunch of other crap for the same time. Lame.
And, yeah, I like the fact that Archer is back to being a badass. It's one thing to tinker with the characters, but making Archer completely inept was just a terrible idea.

They started this last season, the incompetence to badass ratio had slipped pretty far. The stuff with him fighting to crash planes/space shuttles never really made any sense, just being an inept asshole for the sake of it?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My stupid DVR only recorded the last nine seconds of this episode because my wife had scheduled a bunch of other crap for the same time. Lame.

That sucks. You missed a good one.

My DVR did something similar with the first episode of Justified this season. I was pissed.

They started this last season, the incompetence to badass ratio had slipped pretty far. The stuff with him fighting to crash planes/space shuttles never really made any sense, just being an inept asshole for the sake of it?

True. It has been a long decline. I'm glad they're mitigating it now, though. They didn't do anything about it last season, and that one was weak start to finish. This season looks like it's really coming around, which is awesome.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did you guys notice that Cheryl was strumming on a guitar that looked just like Stevie Ray Vaughan's guitar?

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great episode again. Their "editing" was perfect.

Roscius

Reaction score
Agreed. The whole palace series has been great to watch.

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They should just have spent 80% of the season in San Marcos instead of coke-Pam for 80%. Cyril as a dictator and Krieger-clones had so much more potential.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Somebody told me that was the season finale

They're probably going to go back to doing Isis now

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They should just have spent 80% of the season in San Marcos instead of coke-Pam for 80%. Cyril as a dictator and Krieger-clones had so much more potential.

Yeah. The Coke-Pam was fun for an episode or so, but they kind of beat it to death. There were three or four totally flat episodes in the mid-season.

Somebody told me that was the season finale

They're probably going to go back to doing Isis now

They are, Adam Reed said as much in a recent interview.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't know there was an Archer thread. This show is great.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friends turned me into an Archer character!
Cifonelli bespoke suit, Charvet tie, Hermès pocket square, Corthay shoes. Very on point.
0CEDDA29-2067-4159-89DE-F81FB271DEB2.jpeg

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First 2-3 seasons were good, everything after that is forgettable.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First 2-3 seasons were good, everything after that is forgettable.
They are not as good but not forgettable. They're using the freedom of animation really well to reset the universe

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just glad he finally woke up out of his coma.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads