• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arcade Fire Live - What a show!

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they need a few more vocalists, like polyphonic spree

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
life on their tour bus....
squeezeq.jpg
sucks.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In this thread: people who hate solely because of hype. It's cool though, I was 17 once too.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the show (and the iphone 4 does great video!) - but if it's the best show you've seen then you need to see some more shows. They can be better...

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
congrats to them for the grammy! esp since it beat gaga and katy perry!

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amen!

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to punch everyone who uses the expression "I want to punch him in the face" in the face.

Their music is great, but I could see there shows being really art school and overdone.

phailing101

Reaction score
I saw them in Fall 2010 and it was indeed one of the best shows I'ver ever seen. Such energy and great music!

The world finally took notice last night at the Grammys.

Hannerhan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phailing101
The world finally took notice last night at the Grammys.

And hipsters everyhwere are removing The Suburbs from their iPods.

"I used to like Arcade Fire, before they went mainstream." -Hipster

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some douche bag on my facebook said since they won the grammy they were no longer his favorite band. Dick.

I'm really happy for AF (Arcade Fire not Artisan Fan). The Suburbs is my favorite album of 2010.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I torrented a copy of The Suburbs, and then ended up buying two CDs - one for me and one for my brother. I really really really liked it.

fftfft

Reaction score
Of course the hype is overblown and the snobs will always be snobs, but AF has only been getting better IMO. I saw them most recently last October in Big Sur (Henry Miller Library
inlove.gif
) and they seemed a lot tighter live vs. what I remember from the Neon Bible tour and much more so vs. the Funeral days. I'm happy for them with the Grammy, they really are nice people. At HML the band mingled with the (very small) crowd for an hour both before and after the show, Win was really polite and charming. It was great to see them apparently so bemused by their award last night.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i saw them at the constitutional hall in dc (2006?) and at the shoreline in mountain view (2007). both were great shows, but the one in dc was far superior with the sound and ambiance. while i can see the contrived feel of their performances, it comes off as rather natural, plus its only one or two of the ancillary musicians that goes really crazy. win is pretty stoic throughout the performances and always seems a little nervous. regine always seems so genuine on stage.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads