• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Appropriate headwear for casual dining?

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are you accusing me of being a Republican? I've been accused of bad things but NEVER have I been accused of being a Republican!

Please accept my sincerest apology. I went too far. I cut too deep.

Then again, many conservatives are claiming that Mitt's not really a Republican, so maybe you're being overly sensitive. :happy:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gallery_86316_34174_10985644984cb48aa3689d9.jpg

I'm pretty fogey-ish about a lot of things, Dig, but wearing hats indoors doesn't bother me any more than does putting one's elbows on the dinner table. The rules against such things seem quaintly antiquated to me.
Wearing sunglasses indoors, on the other hand, pisses me off a bit, as do people who, out of habit, put their phones face-up on the table right next to the silverware so that they can monitor incoming calls and texts while ostensibly having dinner or drinks with others.
See? I'm still a fogey. :)

You're a young fogey. Otherwise, the hat thing wouldn't seem antiquated. :lol:

This is only acceptable if it is a Ravens hat. :nodding: Anything worthwhile at Arundel Mills?

I'd say "Stillers" just to throw Pittsburgh under the bus but alas, I cannot lie. It was a Ravens hat.

The shopping trip was mostly down in Northern Virgina. We just stopped at this joint near the mall on the way home because everyone was getting hungry.

Dig you are from Baltimore area?!?!?

Not originally but currently. See below.
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Bingo!

Hats should be paired to the core ethnicity of the dish being eaten. Particularly in many contemporary American restaurants, this will require two or more hats that are changed with each course...even bite-to-bite.

I had the Cashew Chicken.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You think they have extra ranch dressing and a to-go-coke?

Where is this thread? I can't find the original one. I want to read it.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

daaaaaaamn, i would have invited you to bmore meetup. get you on the next one.
btw, i wear a head wear at all meals, all times actually. :)

DT representin'!

I posted in the GTG thread but nobody wanted the noob. :(

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have to say that when I am dressed casually, very often I wear a knit beanie, for about 6 months out of the year. I get cold, and it keeps me warm. so, I very often wear it indoors, including for meals. I sort of compramise, when I speak with somebody, I take it off, which is sort of weird, but it was a compromise with my sense of propriaty that I came up with.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd say "Stillers" just to throw Pittsburgh under the bus but alas, I cannot lie. It was a Ravens hat.
The shopping trip was mostly down in Northern Virgina. We just stopped at this joint near the mall on the way home because everyone was getting hungry.

If you were in NoVa, you should have gone to Eden Center for Vietnamese. Failing that, easily the best Chinese food in the Baltimore area is in a depressing strip mall by Fort Meade close to where you stopped. PM me for deets.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

DT representin'!

I posted in the GTG thread but nobody wanted the noob. :(

HIYO. what GTG thread do you speak of?

I have to say that when I am dressed casually, very often I wear a knit beanie, for about 6 months out of the year. I get cold, and it keeps me warm. so, I very often wear it indoors, including for meals. I sort of compramise, when I speak with somebody, I take it off, which is sort of weird, but it was a compromise with my sense of propriaty that I came up with.

such a good j00.

Philip

Reaction score
In Australia, blue collar establishments such as RSL clubs filled with racist bogan vets have strict dress code rules including no hats or sunglasses indoors, no open toe footwear, and no singlets.

Juliane

Reaction score

I do it sometimes if I'm running in somewhere quickly, I find that if I hang them off my clothes they fall off onto the ground (almost ruined a few pairs of sunglasses that way)

Oh that's okay! But chilling somewhere indoor and wearing sunglasses isn't very cool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads