• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Contango

Reaction score
I think that the current 4,400 are probably enough?

Would be good to see some photos of actual shirts from @Grace@Apposta though, especially as they don’t do swatches.

archipel

Reaction score
I ordered some Apposta shirts with a stiff with removable collar but the collars are actually too stiff and a bit uncomfortable. Is there something that can be done about this (either by me or a tailor)? Next time I just choose normal or soft collar.

monkey66

Reaction score
I ordered some Apposta shirts with a stiff with removable collar but the collars are actually too stiff and a bit uncomfortable. Is there something that can be done about this (either by me or a tailor)? Next time I just choose normal or soft collar.
Perhaps a wash or two will soften things up a bit.

Camerashy

Reaction score
Very pleased with another purchase from Apposta which I have just received
Pure Linen Normandy shirt, fabric by Albini and the fabric name is Sahara, this is the darker green of the two fabrics
I went with a hidden button under collar and requested the chunky MOP dark grey buttons which I personally like rather than the plain white buttons
5067B580-1568-45A3-9119-ED4598162275.jpeg

monkey66

Reaction score
Very pleased with another purchase from Apposta which I have just received
Pure Linen Normandy shirt, fabric by Albini and the fabric name is Sahara, this is the darker green of the two fabrics
I went with a hidden button under collar and requested the chunky MOP dark grey buttons which I personally like rather than the plain white buttons
View attachment 1604899

Do you know what size those buttons are? My one issue with Apposta is the small buttons (14L. 9.5mm I think), I find them tricky and much prefer 18L, 11.3mm buttons.

Camerashy

Reaction score
Do you know what size those buttons are? My one issue with Apposta is the small buttons (14L. 9.5mm I think), I find them tricky and much prefer 18L, 11.3mm buttons.

I would say they are 1cm same size as my other Apposta shirts but half as thick again
I too have a problem trying to fast/unfasten the top button, not sure if it’s the size of the buttons, my hands or the shirts just being new

Last edited:

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any magical codes? I need a shirt of two.

@Noblekostas?

I can confirm that the Sea Island fabrics are excellent. Silky smooth.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure why this has gone awfully quiet, but they have 20% off now. DM if you are lazy.

tigerpac

Reaction score
I ordered a shirt pre-covid that was a bit boxy for my taste so I opted for a video fitting/consultation to help fine tune the sizing. It was quite easy and I'd recommend it to anyone on the fence. The rep was friendly and knowledgeable. She made a series of suggestions as to sizing changes and I ended up ordering a shirt in canclini and a polo with the new sizing. Looking forward to getting it all dialed in and then really trying out a bunch of these fabrics.

db123456

Reaction score
I've been looking at the Apposta site and had a few questions. Figured I'd try posting here before checking with their support folks, in case this produces public answers that will be helpful to others.

1. How do the "fitting" options interact with the sizing measurements that the customer provides? I see that there are options for darted and undarted *****, and that makes sense to me. But what's the difference between a "regular" and "slim" fitting if you specify the same measurements? Does the fitting option control things like sleeve width and shoulder fit that aren't specified through the measurement interface?

2. What do the collar construction options (normal, soft, and stiff) mean in terms of concrete details? I think I've seen that the default collar construction is fused. Does specifying "soft" get you an unfused collar, or just lighter-weight interlining with a fused construction? My ideal would be a lightweight fused collar, like the picture I've pasted below -- but I'm not sure whether that's feasible and if so which option comes the closest.

3. It looks like there's no option to adjust the second button spacing, as some custom shirtmakers offer. Is that right? I just want to make sure I'm not missing an option somewhere.

1631887288167.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads