• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my shirts today. Just reach out to them. They will get back to you. Maybe they were out of a fabric?

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my shirts today. Just reach out to them. They will get back to you. Maybe they were out of a fabric?

Eh I'll give it a little time. If they're out of a fabric it would be the third time in four orders. Do they just act as a clearing house for other tailor's odd rolls and not actually have fabric on hand or something?

Camerashy

Reaction score
If you log on to their website and look under order history you can find out if they are still in production or have been shipped
I think you have just been unfortunate....again
Mine is arriving today order placed on Christmas Day

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If it matters, I ordered mine 12/26, I got notification last week on 1/22, and tracking shows them en route to arrive next Wed.
Whoops, they arrived today - I meant this Wed, not next.

Initial "out of the box" first impressions from a new customer are that they are very well done. By only my eye and feel, the sizing feels correct to my measurements. I think I could stand a little nip/tuck/tweak to their fits but in general we're at the 95%+ success mark; so far, so good!

I got both with the Regular straight point collar which is their Italian version which seems to be, again, very good. I still like my Mazarelli's better but these are good competitors. My original concern, from other makers, about "collar collapse" doesn't seem to be happening here however I'll reserve final judgement until after a couple of washes. But, early indications are positive.

One note - both shirts are striped and on each, one sleeve is impeccably pattern matched at the shoulder while the other sleeve is a touch off. That's not a deal breaker but to see one just perfect and the other just not quite, argh!! I shouldn't mention it because it's a nitpick, but if you want to be the best...

I'm over the moon with the materials, I got:

Shirt 100% pure cotton Twill double twisted Giza 45
1611787834913.png

Shirt 100% Wrinkle free cotton Plain Italian linens
1611787878671.png

Both of which are in person exactly as described and fantastic. The Giza45 is near incredible.

Again, I got these with the 50% off Christmas coupon which feels like a steal. If the collars hold up, I expect I will be a future repeat customer.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoops, they arrived today - I meant this Wed, not next.

Initial "out of the box" first impressions from a new customer are that they are very well done. By only my eye and feel, the sizing feels correct to my measurements. I think I could stand a little nip/tuck/tweak to their fits but in general we're at the 95%+ success mark; so far, so good!

I got both with the Regular straight point collar which is their Italian version which seems to be, again, very good. I still like my Mazarelli's better but these are good competitors. My original concern, from other makers, about "collar collapse" doesn't seem to be happening here however I'll reserve final judgement until after a couple of washes. But, early indications are positive.

One note - both shirts are striped and on each, one sleeve is impeccably pattern matched at the shoulder while the other sleeve is a touch off. That's not a deal breaker but to see one just perfect and the other just not quite, argh!! I shouldn't mention it because it's a nitpick, but if you want to be the best...

I'm over the moon with the materials, I got:

View attachment 1544191

Shirt 100% Wrinkle free cotton Plain Italian linens
View attachment 1544192

Both of which are in person exactly as described and fantastic. The Giza45 is near incredible.

Again, I got these with the 50% off Christmas coupon which feels like a steal. If the collars hold up, I expect I will be a future repeat customer.
The Giza 45 is amazing. My absolutely favorite shirt.

regarding the shipping/production issues, I never had any. Note that europe is getting f’d in the a from covid right now. My factory in Portugal is weir king 3 days a week. We also have instructions to avoid traveling to Italy. Meccariello is working by himself I heard.

Xune

Reaction score
Did you get woven labels of fabric producer, either just loose in the package or already stitched? More specifically - DJA or Giza45 labels.

Side note: I kinda laughed at wearing Giza45 face mask. I mean, it's a nice gesture from Apposta, I appreciate it, but the whole concept of wearing Giza45 DJA face mask... is just hilarious :D

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did you get woven labels of fabric producer, either just loose in the package or already stitched? More specifically - DJA or Giza45 labels.
The Giza45 id not, but the other did have a DJA fabric label stitched inside the placket at the bottom; a nice touch. If the GIza was loose in the box, I might have missed it in the packaging.

Side note: I kinda laughed at wearing Giza45 face mask. I mean, it's a nice gesture from Apposta, I appreciate it, but the whole concept of wearing Giza45 DJA face mask... is just hilarious :D
I forgot to mention that both shirts included a complimentary mask of the same material. Both have a second, more substantial backing so they're providing "more protection" than just the shirting. I'm skeptical of non-medical masks providing any measurable benefit anyway, so they're fine by me.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got my first wear of the Giza45 today and it's hand-down fantastic. I say that because it's seemingly the perfect balance of that extra fine, smooth feel but still has enough structure that it doesn't wear like a silk blouse. I've had other materials, like some Rivas, where the cotton was so fine that it draped too much, again that silk blouse sort of effect which I didn't like.

This seems to be a great, great middle ground. Now I'm spoiled and all my other shirts have just been downgraded by comparison; sigh. The peril of getting nicer things...

The Giza 45 is amazing. My absolutely favorite shirt.

View attachment 1544191

... The Giza45 is near incredible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads