• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One piece of website feedback: it would be nice if we were able to sort fabrics by "new." I periodically check to see if there's anything I'd like, but it would be a lot cleaner, having gone through the fabrics in colour/pattern/material/etc. combinations that I might like before, if I could check for those combinations, but in new fabrics.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, it would make browsing the fabrics a lot easier. But that said, the shirts I've received from Apposta thus far have been top notch. One further suggestion: could you introduce a one-piece collar?

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
During the summer sale promotion I decided to test out a DJA Sea Island shirt (a stripe from the York book). Wow, talk about an impressive fabric. I had been buying shirts of Thomas Mason Giza 45 140's and I'm honestly not sure which I prefer at this point. The Sea Island is a 120's, but every bit as smooth and a touch heavier in fabric weight. Very impressive.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found the 50% promo code for christmas on the website? :)

Edit: I found it :) Will share only on DM or so

Last edited:

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quick q from a long time on-the-fence first time buyer: I'm particular that my collars remain standing with or without a jacket. This is well done and a non-issue by my favorite Italian RTW makers - Mazzarelli, Barba, Finamore, and Borrelli (Maz being my favorite).

I've had great disappointment with other online MTM makers - including some very well known ones - whose collars collapse when wearing a jacket. By that I mean the collar stays up and in place normally, but put on a jacket and it does this:

1608913321648.png

Yes, a higher top button helps this but in my experience that's not the real problem - you can see how the sides of the collar flatten against the neckline and kind of fall flat and slide open. It's almost like the collar somehow isn't constructed as well as my other examples.

Has anyone else had similar experience and found that Apposta's collars (specific models?) beat this and perform like the makers I cited? I ask that because not everyone seems to have that issue as a problem and it's possible it's patially caused by my + other's specific body type somehow.

With the 50% code I'm finally thinking about rolling the dice here but would rather avoid the heartache (again) altogether if it's a known issue.

Last edited:

Xune

Reaction score
Did anyone order modified collar? I'm after a pin collar, with "pointed", not round. Basically that would be Apposta's tab collar, but with metal pin instead of fabric tab. Not sure if they'll agree to try it or not, but knowing their past attitude towards collar changes might be helpful.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone order modified collar? I'm after a pin collar, with "pointed", not round. Basically that would be Apposta's tab collar, but with metal pin instead of fabric tab. Not sure if they'll agree to try it or not, but knowing their past attitude towards collar changes might be helpful.
You can surely mail them and request this. Their staff is super helpful. @Grace@Apposta might be able to help here too.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick q from a long time on-the-fence first time buyer: I'm particular that my collars remain standing with or without a jacket. This is well done and a non-issue by my favorite Italian RTW makers - Mazzarelli, Barba, Finamore, and Borrelli (Maz being my favorite).

I've had great disappointment with other online MTM makers - including some very well known ones - whose collars collapse when wearing a jacket. By that I mean the collar stays up and in place normally, but put on a jacket and it does this:

View attachment 1523418

Yes, a higher top button helps this but in my experience that's not the real problem - you can see how the sides of the collar flatten against the neckline and kind of fall flat and slide open. It's almost like the collar somehow isn't constructed as well as my other examples.

Has anyone else had similar experience and found that Apposta's collars (specific models?) beat this and perform like the makers I cited? I ask that because not everyone seems to have that issue as a problem and it's possible it's patially caused by my + other's specific body type somehow.

With the 50% code I'm finally thinking about rolling the dice here but would rather avoid the heartache (again) altogether if it's a known issue.
This is my Apposta Button Down (maybe you want a normal collar though)
DSC01671.jpg

And this is my straight point collar (although with a tie) but it is really well structured.
DSC01780.jpg

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the input but button downs aren't for me and while the point collar looks great, with a tie isn't where my problems lie. Most of my others that failed in this regard looked deceptively great with ties too, alas.

This is my Apposta Button Down (maybe you want a normal collar though)
View attachment 1523465
And this is my straight point collar (although with a tie) but it is really well structured.
View attachment 1523466

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input but button downs aren't for me and while the point collar looks great, with a tie isn't where my problems lie. Most of my others that failed in this regard looked deceptively great with ties too, alas.
I will try the point collar tomorrow with a jacket and snap a quick pic :)

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, the code was too much to resist - went in for 2, one with the Regular Straight Point Collar (as close to Mazzarelli's as I could find) and another with the Trendy High Straight Point Collar. We'll see how they work out...

monkey66

Reaction score
Many thanks Kostas ?

Having ordered a few months ago I was confident in quality and fit from Apposta. Having then spent hours trawling the site for the code I was in too deep.

Ordered 3 more shirts, half price is not to be missed.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many thanks Kostas ?

Having ordered a few months ago I was confident in quality and fit from Apposta. Having then spent hours trawling the site for the code I was in too deep.

Ordered 3 more shirts, half price is not to be missed.

I got two more, one I really need and one I really don't. At these prices I feel great about going for really top shelf fabrics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads