• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there an option to have an unfused cuff? How about an unfused placket?

Grace@Apposta

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there an option to have an unfused cuff? How about an unfused placket?
Would be curious as to this as well, particularly if they're going to copy a (mailed in) shirt.
Your shirt will be sent to our production house in Italy to be cloned. Our shirts are typically made with fused collar and cuffs, allowing for a more firm and sturdy piece. We offer a traditional non fused collar and cuff option, which will need to be specified, as would an un-fused placket.

Last edited:

Grace@Apposta

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Where would you send the shirt to be copied to?
Our production house is based in Ancona, Italy. We also have a London based office where measurements can be taken. You can follow this link for details as to for cloning your shirt.
Clone Your Shirt

Last edited:

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should you send a shirt to our production base in Italy in order to be cloned, and prefer for your shirt to include a fused collar, cuff and placket, this is something that we can do in order to recreate your perfect shirt. Typically, our shirts are made in a more traditional style, however we make special requests as and when needed.
Oh, my apologies if I assumed incorrectly. Is the default construction for collars (and cuffs, placket, etc.) to be unfused?

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, my apologies if I assumed incorrectly. Is the default construction for collars (and cuffs, placket, etc.) to be unfused?

All of my shirts have had fused collars/cuffs. I'm guessing she meant to say "unfused."

There is an option for a "soft" collar, which I interpret as an unfused collar.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of my shirts have had fused collars/cuffs. I'm guessing she meant to say "unfused."

There is an option for a "soft" collar, which I interpret as an unfused collar.
I will say I'm rather curious after seeing their absurd (in a good way) array of fabrics. While the standard options presented are of no real appeal, those are obviously rendered moot if previously made shirts can be properly "cloned."

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will say I'm rather curious after seeing their absurd (in a good way) array of fabrics. While the standard options presented are of no real appeal, those are obviously rendered moot if previously made shirts can be properly "cloned."

All I did was input the dimensions from the other online MTM maker with which we are both familiar and basically an exact clone of a shirt arrived. I say basically because the Apposta shirt actually fits me better in the shoulders and probably the armhole without any sort of adjustment on their end. FWIW I never did any sort of adjustment to the shoulders at the other place and always selected the regular armhole and not the tailored armhole.

Grace@Apposta

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Swatches would be nice. I only felt comfortable ordering some Giza 45 shirts because I had shirts from another maker in that cloth so I knew I liked the feel and weight. But as to color I had to triple cross check things with a site that posted all of the Thomas Mason Bespoke books online, the Albini fabric app, and the pics on the Apposta site...and I was still a bit hesitant because Apposta doesn’t list the swatch number of a fabric (this would be easy to correct).

But that really only helps with color. Patterns, stripes especially, are really hard to judge with a web picture. I have no real concept of the width of a stripe unless I’m holding a swatch in my hand. Same can be said regarding the size of a check or tattersall.

We don't list our supplier swatch number. If you have a list of favourites from any of our suppliers, we are happy to group these together on your profile as preferences, or send you a detailed email to recap.

Contango

Reaction score
A lot of the fabrics I see listed (e.g. from Monti and Canclini) are 50/1 or 60/1. Does anyone have experience with these - would/could the quality be on par with 100/2 and 120/2 (or above) from other mills?

Again, swatches here would help and make me feel more comfortable about ordering!

mk05

Reaction score
It would be great for starred fabrics to be saved to a My Apposta folder for registered members, so that the fabrics can be ordered in future (especially for upcoming seasons), rather than members having to go through the entire catalog to find them again by chance. I just spent a couple of hours learning the site and taking a look at all of your offered cloths and starring, only to find out that I will have to go through every single one again when I need to order.

Grace@Apposta

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It would be great for starred fabrics to be saved to a My Apposta folder for registered members, so that the fabrics can be ordered in future (especially for upcoming seasons), rather than members having to go through the entire catalog to find them again by chance. I just spent a couple of hours learning the site and taking a look at all of your offered cloths and starring, only to find out that I will have to go through every single one again when I need to order.

The purpose of starred fabrics is to create a folder of your favourite fabrics, in particular for registered customers. We understand that it's easy to be overwhelmed with so many choices and you're likely to find alot of personal favorites.
Once you have starred your favorites, you can view your shortlist of fabrics by locating the ''ONLY FAVORITES'' button, which can be found just above the fabric menu. See below.

This options makes re-ordering a faster process.
Apposta.jpg

Last edited:

mk05

Reaction score
Once you have starred your favorites, you can view your shortlist of fabrics by locating the ''ONLY FAVORITES'' button...
I looked around everywhere and couldn't find that button. Thank you for showing me! Might be worth having a pop-up in the My Apposta page for idiots like myself. ?

Grace@Apposta

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All, in addition to our 1-to-1 consultation meetings here in our London office, we’ve increasingly had consultations over the phone, where customers were guided through the different steps of the ordering process and individual advice was provided (eg. what fabrics performs best for my profession, measurements Vs Shirt fit).
In order to decide whether or not to expand this service, we would be interested to know if this is something you’d consider of interest.
We look forward to your feedback!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads