1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Applying Brown Polish to Chestnut Shoes: Terrible Idea?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jrd617, Apr 9, 2013.

1. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  2. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

I would hesitae on outrightly applying brown polishes over this colour and finish. Though I don't own this exact shoe, I have tried using polishes in the past to remedy similar concerns and it never did give satisfactory results. I would recommend having a competant cobbler re-dye them and it won't take much. Perhaps even just a dye wash to alter the tint. Shouldn't cost you more than $25. The biggest challenge is to find a reputable cobbler in your area or, perhaps contacting our SF member Ron Rider for an estimate. Personally I love the colour of your Draycott's and would gladly leave as is. Chestnut is a gorgeous colour.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  3. bertie

bertie Senior member

Let me also try and pursuade you to love the colour. I admit I don't wear mine much in the winter except when I wear light to mid-grey pants (usually flannel). They really come into their own in summer with cream, tan, light blue and other lighter coloured pants. I have a couple pairs of AE in chili and that is a redder hue than the C&J chestnut but I still find them very versatile.

4. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

+1. Except the not wearing them in the winter part since I wear medium grey flannel trousers most days when it's cold.

5. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

I don't think it would work.