1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Apple f***ing sucks

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Douglas, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

I use a mac, but I don't tell people about it on internet forums [​IMG]

[​IMG]

lol i agree what the fuck are they doing in there,get your shit and go home...you dont see PC users hanging out at the Bestbuy....or how about the douchebags that set up an office at the local starbucks for 8 hours every day,10/10 are mac users

I agree about the Starbucks part, but obviously you haven`t seen the Microsoft store yet.

2. telemark

telemark Senior member

[​IMG]

Thanks. Again, badum tish!

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Apple Customer Support is horrible. Very poorly trained - if trained at all.

ARE YOU FOR REAL?

Apple has some of the best customer service in the tech biz. You call them and get a real person, who speaks in an understandable accent. Don't want to call? You can make an appointment in a store and real person helps you out.

Try that with Dell... you can't. Calling Dell CS means that you get to talk to someone in India, and you can;t take your computer to a Dell store (they don't exist).

4. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

Understandable; however, there are advantages to running both simultaneously.

Such as? I don't recall having been in a situation where a VM would've helped. But then again, I don't use my mac very often, and when I do use it and need to switch to Windows, it's usually for playing games.

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Such as? I don't recall having been in a situation where a VM would've helped. But then again, I don't use my mac very often, and when I do use it and need to switch to Windows, it's usually for playing games.

Personal example: all of my music is set up on my Mac OS iTunes. If I wan to use AutoCAD, which only exists for Windows, I run VM so I can use AutoCAD and listen to my music at the same time.

6. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I used itunes on a PC and it was a horrible goddamn experience. Itunes is literally the worst piece of software I've ever had the displeasure to use. It simply doesn't work, and obviously wasn't designed by anyone with any interest in music.

If that's the quality of their flagship product then I want nothing to do with them.

7. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

Personal example: all of my music is set up on my Mac OS iTunes. If I wan to use AutoCAD, which only exists for Windows, I run VM so I can use AutoCAD and listen to my music at the same time.
    You could just use Foobar or a similar app and add all of the songs to the library so that you can simply switch to Windows, listen to music and use AutoCAD at the same time. And they'd run much faster too.
    I used itunes on a PC and it was a horrible goddamn experience. Itunes is literally the worst piece of software I've ever had the displeasure to use. It simply doesn't work, and obviously wasn't designed by anyone with any interest in music. If that's the quality of their flagship product then I want nothing to do with them.
    I think the worst thing about iTunes is its use of resources, which is ridiculous for a multimedia app. I stick to VLC for movies and Foobar if I want to listen to some music.

8. javyn

javyn Senior member

I used itunes on a PC and it was a horrible goddamn experience. Itunes is literally the worst piece of software I've ever had the displeasure to use. It simply doesn't work, and obviously wasn't designed by anyone with any interest in music.

If that's the quality of their flagship product then I want nothing to do with them.

Agreed. iTunes is probably the worst piece of bloated crap ever, and last I tried, literally impossible to completely uninstall without a complete format.

9. Chaos P. Bennu

Chaos P. Bennu Senior member

What a joke. I thought this was supposed to be a pleasant experience but this f***ing computer is a piece of shit, there is nobody to help, it crashes, my iTunes account (which worked fine before) suddenly is no longer valid, none of my prior purchases are recognized, and the whole experience is like dealing with the MVA. Mac sucks, don't buy into their shit. They're as bad as MS. Worse when you consider the attitudes.

And Tokyo Slim, if you chime in with any "I told you so" shit I am going to fly out to Seattle and bash your head in with this fucking computer.

what is the MVA?

10. javyn

javyn Senior member

The problem with VM is USB doesn't work with the guest OS. At least, not with VirtualBox, haven't actually tried VMWare.

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

The problem with VM is USB doesn't work with the guest OS. At least, not with VirtualBox, haven't actually tried VMWare.
    No problems with Parallels 5... even bluetooth works well in VM.

12. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

itunes suck
    you dont need 90mb to make a media player
    and there are 5 updates a month... and none of them improve anything

but anyway, i havent felt the need to bootcamp or virtualize windows on the osx box like i thought i would....everything i need to do is already there and works

13. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Regarding iTunes, yes it's not the most intuitive music program ever made, however it is the only way to properly sync one's music files with an iPod, it is for this reason that I utilize it.

14. javyn

javyn Senior member

Regarding iTunes, yes it's not the most intuitive music program ever made, however it is the only way to properly sync one's music files with an iPod, it is for this reason that I utilize it.

+1000. This is the reason I hate Apple, and never have, and never will buy an iPod. Not when every other mp3 player in the world lets you connect via data mode just like a flash drive, digital cam, etc.

15. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

i dont know your definition of properly
    mediamonkey will sync , to multiple devices

but i prefer to manually manage my data. and what's wrong with dragging and dropping as if it were a standard data drive? and i need to have an "apple" cord at the office, on the home pc, near the netbook, on the mini, and with me on travel. why cant they just use the ubiquitous mini usb connector like for every other device out there? some of these things make me [​IMG]

16. javyn

javyn Senior member

i dont know your definition of properly
    mediamonkey will sync , to multiple devices

but i prefer to manually manage my data. and what's wrong with dragging and dropping as if it were a standard data drive? and i need to have an "apple" cord at the office, on the home pc, near the netbook, on the mini, and with me on travel. why cant they just use the ubiquitous mini usb connector like for every other device out there? some of these things make me [​IMG]

Exactly. The iTunes sync shit is so anti-competitive it would make Steve Ballmer blush.

17. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

In honor of Javyn, I'll necro this oldie thread.

I finally got a MBP. 13.3, I7, 8 GIGS RAM and a 750 HD ( I screwed up here since I should have gone with an SSD ).

I have Lion on it and haven't even bothered to go with ML OS yet.

In reality I know Jack about Apple and I'm medium light on PCs, emphasis toward the light.

I get by on my PCs with Windows and Office.

I guess I'll go with ML and OFF MAC for the laptop.

What else would any Apple guy recommend. I Know, I know, the question is "what do you use your computer for?

Answer is web browsing, some Craigslist stuff, and little else. But I also have an iMac, and an ipod touch. I would like to use the machines for some musivc and photo stuff and some of the "cool" Apple stuff.

Titanium toast, VMware, etc. What stuff would any of you recommend to install on the Macs, laptop and iMac?

PS: i did not read the 27 pages of this thread, but the OP is truly classic. My experience with Apple and the Apple stores is exactly the opposite.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013