• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apple f***ing sucks

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I don't get why people feel the need to make it our concern.

Who did that? Unless you are truly a helpless person, nobody can make you be concerned about something.

You could always walk away from the debate, but you never will. That's because you're far more obsessed with this than you're prepared to admit to yourself, no matter how much rationalising and projection you indulge in.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Who did that? Unless you are truly a helpless person, nobody can make you be concerned about something.

You could always walk away from the debate, but you never will. That's because you're far more obsessed with this than you're prepared to admit to yourself, no matter how much rationalising and projection you indulge in.

+1000

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Well what do you call it when people constantly solicit products to your face with little to no provocation? Just because someone is discussing any particular thing doesn't open up the door to a sales pitch from anyone within earshot. It's like the entire world is your infomercial. I currently use one hand-built rig and one HP Pavilion desktop. When's the last time you heard me or anyone on this board make dozens of posts about how nice my HP is? It is rather nice.(for a pre-built system) Have I ever recommended anyone go out an purchase an HP or shared with everyone how much i love it? No. Why is it an Apple owners mandated right to do that at every opportunity? I have, in fact, never encouraged anyone to buy a computer made by a big manufacturer. Just in case you don't remember.
I suppose I could wall myself off from society, but I don't see that as a valid option. Apple advertising and evangelism is so pervasive that to escape it completely, I'd probably have to put out my own eyes and stick hot needles in my ears. I have repeatedly stated over and over again that I don't care if you use a Mac. Or Linux. Or whatever. I do care when people start popping off with prepackaged ignorant corporate slogans, and they promote those as if they are somehow "the truth". Or extolling the virtues of design over function. Or basically just being a troll in these threads like Brian. The problem is that you think this is a debate. It's not.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Ah, so you were just kidding? Classic fall-back line of a guy who talks **** he can't back up. The problem is, none of what you said was funny.
I mean that when I was giving him a hard time about Century Gothic, etc. I was just ribbing him, I don't have any malicious intent towards anyone and if that doesn't come through in my writing, then I guess that's my fault. But I think it's absolutely ri-*******-diculous that people (not just you) come into every Apple thread just to troll. Manton defended his stance that there are "rules" to dressing, which is the black suit thread. Artisan Fan defending the Kiton thing was a matter of delusion, the board was convincing him that things which he thought were factually correct, were in fact, not. What you do is you come into these threads and directly insult people based on the preference of their personal computer. You don't see the difference? Then this argument is pointless, as they all are, once you get involved. Everyone who's ever had a discussion with you knows that no matter how wrong you are, you'll still win; because ultimately you'll never give up, your posts just get longer and your quotes more numerous and further out of context until the other person just throws in the hat and says 'well *******, I don't care THAT much.' Need I remind you in the past when you went on a martyr trip saying "well if you don't like what I have to say just ban me," or whatever business you were going on about, just because I was disagreeing with you? Or how you had that "Brian, red means stop!!" quote in your sig forever because you had to find some little obsessive detail that you could hound on about until I eventually just threw up my hands? That's the problem, and that's why I don't present any substantial argument in places like this. Because there's just NO ******* POINT. Even when I try to phrase it as softly as possible that I do, in fact, prefer Macintosh, no matter what, there could never possibly be a concrete, logical explanation for my preference - or at least you wouldn't let any significant amount of people believe that.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's sad really, watching TS jump the shark.
Well what do you call it when people constantly solicit products to your face with little to no provocation? Just because someone is discussing any particular thing doesn't open up the door to a sales pitch from anyone within earshot. It's like the entire world is your infomercial.
ROFLMAO - WTF is, oh - this entire FORUM about if not sharing experiences with inanimate objects?
I currently use one hand-built rig and one HP Pavilion desktop. When's the last time you heard me or anyone on this board make dozens of posts about how nice my HP is? It is rather nice.(for a pre-built system) Have I ever recommended anyone go out an purchase an HP or shared with everyone how much i love it? No. Why is it an Apple owners mandated right to do that at every opportunity?
I get it. Just because you've never mouthed off about your computer, no one else can. And of course, all Apple owners do it. Because TS says so.
I have, in fact, never encouraged anyone to buy a computer made by a big manufacturer. Just in case you don't remember.
What about other things? A restaurant? A pair of jeans? Oh no - you're a fanboy too!!
I suppose I could wall myself off from society, but I don't see that as a valid option. Apple advertising and evangelism is so pervasive that to escape it completely, I'd probably have to put out my own eyes and stick hot needles in my ears.
Ah, the sweet smell of hyperbole mixed in with a false dichotomy.
I have repeatedly stated over and over again that I don't care if you use a Mac. Or Linux. Or whatever. I do care when people start popping off with prepackaged ignorant corporate slogans, and they promote those as if they are somehow "the truth". Or extolling the virtues of design over function. Or basically just being a troll in these threads like Brian.
Yeah, you keep fighting the man.
The problem is that you think this is a debate. It's not.
Of course it isn't - what better way to fight crazy... than with more crazy? Keep up the great work.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
But I think it's absolutely ri-*******-diculous that people (not just you) come into every Apple thread just to troll.

Funny, thats how I feel about you and the rest of the Mac people. In this thread especially.

Manton defended his stance that there are "rules" to dressing, which is the black suit thread. Artisan Fan defending the Kiton thing was a matter of delusion, the board was convincing him that things which he thought were factually correct, were in fact, not.
And your point is?

What you do is you come into these threads and directly insult people based on the preference of their personal computer.
Never have. There are people on this board who own Macs that I have never said a damn thing to. I only insult people who make their preference everyone else's business, who go around repeating ignorant falsehoods and corporate slogans to justify their own position in the "cool kids" hierarchy or whatever.

You don't see the difference? Then this argument is pointless, as they all are, once you get involved. Everyone who's ever had a discussion with you knows that no matter how wrong you are, you'll still win; because ultimately you'll never give up, your posts just get longer and your quotes more numerous and further out of context until the other person just throws in the hat and says 'well *******, I don't care THAT much.'
It's a valid strategy. Seems to work particularly well against those of weak constitutions.

Need I remind you in the past when you went on a martyr trip saying "well if you don't like what I have to say just ban me," or whatever business you were going on about, just because I was disagreeing with you?
That wouldn't make much sense Brian. You disagreeing with me has nothing to do with it. Its you COMPLAINING about me posting. If you don't like it, ban me. Or don't read it. Your choice.

Or how you had that "Brian, red means stop!!" quote in your sig forever because you had to find some little obsessive detail that you could hound on about until I eventually just threw up my hands?
No, its because you were being an idiot, and I was poking fun at you. It was like two weeks by the way, not "forever".

That's the problem, and that's why I don't present any substantial argument in places like this. Because there's just NO ******* POINT. Even when I try to phrase it as softly as possible that I do, in fact, prefer Macintosh, no matter what, there could never possibly be a concrete, logical explanation for my preference - or at least you wouldn't let any significant amount of people believe that.
It's not because you have no substantial arguments? Could have fooled me.
smile.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
I only insult people who make their preference everyone else's business

Look through any threads about Apple products. Count the number of posts a single contributor makes. THEN tell me who is making their preference everyone else's business.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
It's sad really, watching TS jump the shark.

ROFLMAO - WTF is, oh - this entire FORUM about if not sharing experiences with inanimate objects?

So what's the difference between what some of the Apple people in this thread are doing , and a spammer? We have unsolicited advertisements keyed on a keyword. We have pointless brand name dropping without any real content. Is that what this entire forum is about?

What about other things? A restaurant? A pair of jeans? Oh no - you're a fanboy too!!
I don't think I've ever shilled a pair of jeans. I know I've never shilled a restaurant without someone asking for opinions on restaurants.

I get it. Just because you've never mouthed off about your computer, no one else can. And of course, all Apple owners do it. Because TS says so.
No, only the ones that do. Again, there are many people on this forum and in real life who I know who use macs that do not push their **** on other people. It just so happens that there are a lot more of you that do this than the owners of any other manufactured product I can think of.

Yeah, you keep fighting the man.
Oh, don't worry. I will. Unless Brian bans me for disagreeing with him.

Of course it isn't - what better way to fight crazy... than with more crazy? Keep up the great work.
musicboohoo[1].gif
It's the only way to get my point across. Seeing as it's the only language many people understand.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Look through any threads about Apple products. Count the number of posts a single contributor makes. THEN tell me who is making their preference everyone else's business.
This has nothing to do with what I said. If you want to branch off into this "discussion" - go search the forum for the word "Apple" and then "Mac/ Macbook" in thread titles, then go search for the words "HP", "Dell, "Acer","Lenovo", or "Toshiba". Tell me what you find.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I take it you've never ventured into the clothing forums, where people constantly tell others about what products fit well, are made well, are priced well, are beautiful but overpriced, are on sale for a good deal, are the best, are the worst, etc.?

You're acting like the idea of promoting a product you enjoy is the counter to this forum's ideal, when it was the thing this forum was founded upon.

No, only the ones that do. Again, there are many people on this forum and in real life who I know who use macs that do not push their **** on other people. It just so happens that there are a lot more of you that do this than the owners of any other manufactured product I can think of.

Can you please start providing examples of this alleged phenomenon which is apparently so pervasive? Because I'm starting to believe that you're truly delusional. Even using this thread as an example, Dragon very explicitly gave a simple counter example of how Apple's service did well by him, and you ******* exploded and started calling him out, simply for sharing a positive experience he had.

So in the end, if you are looking for the best price I would stick with PC, but if you don`t mind trying out Apple for a little extra, I think you will happy. In my opinion for the little extra you get a better computer experience when you factor in the whole package.

This post doesn't match up with your claim whatsoever. Now, let's read the response:

Totally defeats the purpose of buying a Mac, which is to tell other people how ******* AWESOME it is, become an instant elitist, and to show it to all the other yuppies at Sbux with the same exact computer how "different" you all are together. Buying a Mac makes you a "part of something". It's like a family. A family that has to band together and repeat insane corporate marketing slogans back and forth to each other just to make sure you are all properly indoctrinated, to make up **** about how crappy every other computer in the world is besides yours even though most of it isn't true... etc.

Yes, that's you, flipping the **** out again, unprovoked because you have some deep, disturbed fiber somewhere in your body that makes you go batshit crazy everytime someone has a positive word about Apple computers, no matter how inoffensive and subjective it sounds.

This has nothing to do with what I said.

Oh sweet Jesus, are you kidding me? So in one case, when someone has something positive to say about an experience or a product they like if, it's them forcing their opinions on everyone else, but if its you making a mad dash for the post button and flaming them into oblivion, it's not forcing your opinions?

Everything that you claim Apple apologists do, you do worse, except with more vitriol and peppered with personal insults. It's true, dude. Everyone sees it but you.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I take it you've never ventured into the clothing forums
No, this is a pretty commonly known fact. I don't read the clothing forums.
You're acting like the idea of promoting a product you enjoy is the counter to this forum's ideal, when it was the thing this forum was founded upon.
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but you are saying that this forum was created to allow people a forum to sell Apple computers in threads specifically NOT about promoting Apple computers. :rollseyes:
Can you please start providing examples of this alleged phenomenon which is apparently so pervasive? Because I'm starting to believe that you're truly delusional. Even using this thread as an example, Dragon very explicitly gave a simple counter example of how Apple's service did well by him, and you ******* exploded and started calling him out, simply for sharing a positive experience he had.
Would you like me to start another thread, in which i will go over every new Apple/Mac/iPhone thread and copy/paste all the most egregious evangelism in them? I'd offer to do it over existing threads, but there are damn near 100 Apple related threads already. I don't feel like taking a week off work.
This post doesn't match up with your claim whatsoever. Now, let's read the response: Yes, that's you, flipping the **** out again, unprovoked because you have some deep, disturbed fiber somewhere in your body that makes you go batshit crazy everytime someone has a positive word about Apple computers, no matter how inoffensive and subjective it sounds.
Dragon's first post was clearly an unsolicited, evangelical, off topic sales pitch. It had nothing to do with the OP. He was called out on it several times, before i even read the thing.
Oh sweet Jesus, are you kidding me? So in one case, when someone has something positive to say about an experience or a product they like if, it's them forcing their opinions on everyone else, but if its you making a mad dash for the post button and flaming them into oblivion, it's not forcing your opinions?
Lets be fair about this, I was invited into this discussion, and many other threads about Apple computers. And I did not come into this, or hardly any Mac thread "flaming people into oblivion". (I admit that there are exceptions, but in those cases, I believe it was justified)
Everything that you claim Apple apologists do, you do worse, except with more vitriol and peppered with personal insults. It's true, dude. Everyone sees it but you.
If you can point out in this or any other thread, where I attempted to SELL computers or any other products through a word of mouth marketing strategy that encourages and creates ignorant and outdated catch phrases, insular viewpoints, while fostering the attitude that our products are designed better (though in some cases that is highly debatable) and that our company is worth the utter devotion that is being displayed by your defense of it. That it's my mandated right to tell everyone who even mentions a computer in any way how much I love my computer, it's benefits, its price, and where to purchase it... I will paypal you $20 You just let me know.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If you can point out in this or any other thread, where I attempted to SELL computers or any other products through a word of mouth marketing strategy that encourages and creates ignorant and outdated catch phrases, insular viewpoints, while fostering the attitude that our products are designed better (though in some cases that is highly debatable) and that our company is worth the utter devotion that is being displayed by your defense of it. That it's my mandated right to tell everyone who even mentions a computer in any way how much I love my computer, it's benefits, its price, and where to purchase it... I will paypal you $20

You just let me know.

This, by the way, is the topic being currently discussed. All you Maclovin's out there keep trying to change the topic because you know you can't win this one. But I will keep bringing it back to this every chance I get. So, this is probably why you will give up and stop trying to bait me. I'm just warning you in advance so that you can prepare for the inevitable frustration that will accompany "giving up" even though you are sure you are right.

Brian SD

Reaction score

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yep. You keep making stupid statements like that, and you will continue to have no response when I call you out on making them. That twenty dollars is waiting for you. Whenever you decide to prove what you said is true. Sucks that you can't, because it isn't!
smile.gif
Like I said, I would be more than happy to start an Apple Evangelist watchdog thread if you'll promise me that someone will weed out all the Apple people trying to derail it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads