• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apple f***ing sucks

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ALLCAPS
Just going to wave ******* about a bit here.
fekps4.jpg

********* looks very floral in a very "discount fabrics store" sort of way. Congrats.
smile.gif

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ALLCAPS
It's not century gothic it's sawasdee~

It's fine to read at low sizes and has a large character set so it does the job pretty well, and besides, I like the way it looks.

Don't you love it? I can't wait for 9.10. Also, you may wanna ditch the panels and use Docky instead. I have a small bottom panel on autohide that has my login/logoff, places, settings, and volume control. Everything else is launched from the dock. It works incredibly well, even across multiple desktops.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jpreme87
Steve Jobs is a sneaky backstabbing snake oil salesman. With sh!tty business practices and sh!tty computers.

Apple sets codes in their OS so that it can be run unless all hardware is apple approved, not for quality ibut so that apple's OS isn't used on the always superior PC hardwares.

If such codes exist how do you explain people who use Hackintoshes?

and now uses the same hardware as Microsoft from Intel. Which is why windows can be run on Macs.
How is PC software superior to Apple software if they both use Intel chips......??

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People have different priorities. For those who have a job and/or want to get work one, there are PCs. For those who want to look cool in Starbucks while drinking overpriced lattess...there's Apple.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
People have different priorities. For those who have a job and/or want to get work one, there are PCs. For those who want to look cool in Starbucks while drinking overpriced lattess...there's Apple.

Um... first off you can use Windows on Apple hardware and secondly, people who use OS X have jobs...

emakris

Reaction score
Wow, thanks! That was so enlightening!

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People have different priorities. For those who have a job and/or want to get work one, there are PCs.

Since people here are loudly condemning Apple's prices, one would assume that you'd need a job to afford one.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
If such codes exist how do you explain people who use Hackintoshes?

I've built one. See the bolded part.

It's not hacking in the true sense of the word but more of "hacking" something together. You often have to trick the OS into believing that the hardware is Apple approved. Some things will work out of the box though.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Since people here are loudly condemning Apple's prices, one would assume that you'd need a job to afford one.

Not true, Apples are the choice computer of trust fund babies

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
Not true, Apples are the choice computer of trust fund babies

Trust funds have babies now? I wasn't aware they were even f***ing.

Honestly all the lather people get into over this Mac vs PC rubbish is ridiculous.

It's a thing. It does a job. It's not important enough to get passionate about. If someone wants to use it, why should anybody else care?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Trust funds have babies now? I wasn't aware they were even f***ing.

Honestly all the lather people get into over this Mac vs PC rubbish is ridiculous.

It's a thing. It does a job. It's not important enough to get passionate about. If someone wants to use it, why should anybody else care?

One could say the same about clothes.
smile.gif

ScrappyBoy

Reaction score
I have a Mac book pro ... $12,000, the thing freezes all the time from logic pro and all my
software.........POS? Maybe....

But at the end of the day... Windows can't keep up, and isn't as media/artsy friendly.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
One could say the same about clothes.
smile.gif

No one on this board - no one - is as obsessive and antagonistic as you are with Macs, but about clothes. It's not even close.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
No one on this board - no one - is as obsessive and antagonistic as you are with Macs, but about clothes. It's not even close.
Bullshit. I've never photo-essayed tearing apart a half dozen computers to show you the inferior build quality. There is a 60 page plus thread where Manton argues against wearing black suits to work. You are right that it's not even close. You just aren't smart enough or too biased to see it. You accuse me of being obsessive and antagonistic, but you are the one who always has to open his fat mouth and say something stupid to or about me. Why is that? I address specific posts, you always come in looking for a fight. Have you contributed anything to this thread? I just looked over it and I can't find a single thing out of your mouth but complaints. Maybe you should stay out of these threads from now on. Unless you'd like to have me insult you. In which case, I'm more than happy to oblige. You just let me know by continuing your present course of action.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads