Apple f***ing sucks

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Douglas, Sep 29, 2009.

1. js4design

js4design Senior member

This thread inspired me to get out my hp notebook but now it won't pick up any wireless networks for some reason. If I can't use the internet on it, it is pretty much useless to me. Anybody want to PM me some advice. The device driver is reading the wireless but when I do an IPCONFIG it says it is disconnected and customer service couldn't figure out how to reconnect it.

get a mac

2. hossoso

hossoso Coward and P*ssy

get a mac
    I've got one, I've been using it for the past six months while my notebook sat on a shelf.

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I've got one, I've been using it for the past six months while my notebook sat on a shelf.

You could always give me your notebook. I am in need of one. I might actually even be able to give you a few Benjamins for it.

4. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

[​IMG]

Hey jackass, Premier is available for Mac as well, so his PC comment still rings true. Premier sucks on both platforms.

5. saint

saint Senior member

We've been using Macs since 1988? I have had very few problems with them, but when I did, the customer service really did suck. Fortunately, unlike any MS OS, Mac problems are relatively easy to diagnose and info on the internet or from Pogue Press books make them easy to solve.

If you like MS buy their products, but if you want a safer, faster and more intuitive system, then go with a Mac.

6. x26

x26 Senior member

Apple stores are like day care for retarded grownups. Seriously, wtf are those dumbasses doing in there for hours at a time? Fucking hippies.

[​IMG]

7. Naf Nasitra

Naf Nasitra Senior member

Hey jackass, Premier is available for Mac as well, so his PC comment still rings true. Premier sucks on both platforms.

Hey jackass, go back and read the thread. It's not a question of whether his comment is true. He just spent a few pages lambasting people for referring to computers running Windows as PCs, and then he referred to computers running Windows as PCs.

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Hey jackass, go back and read the thread. It's not a question of whether his comment is true. He just spent a few pages lambasting people for referring to computers running Windows as PCs, and then he referred to computers running Windows as PCs.
    I understood your point, but the way you said this is wrong. ^ Computers running Windows ARE PC's. Just like Macs running OSX are PC's. And the Palm Pre is a PC. Etc.
    I was "lambasting" people for trying to pretend that Macs are different, or superior to "PC's" (Which to them means the Windows operating system, but that has never been an accepted definition of the abbreviation PC until Apple made it so), when they are, in fact, PC's. The difference is in the operating system, not in the hardware. Apple/Apple people like to obfuscate that particular point as part of their propaganda and I think it's stupid. Sometimes it's easy to get lazy and fall into that trap when one doesn't pay attention. It's still wrong though, whether I said it or not. I corrected myself.

9. Naf Nasitra

Naf Nasitra Senior member

I understood your point, but the way you said this is wrong. ^
    Computers running Windows ARE PC's. Just like Macs running OSX are PC's. And the Palm Pre is a PC. Etc.

Yes. I know that they're all PCs. But you'll note that my comment was not about whether or not these computers are or aren't PCs. My comment was about the fact that you claimed that:

The only people in this thread to refer to "Windows" as a "PC" are Mac users.

and then turned around to "refer to 'Windows' as a 'PC'."

10. ruben

ruben Senior member

I hate computers.

and that I have to choose between a smug, whole foods-y Mac or get a PC and be grouped in with the hyper-annoying IT guys at work, whose whole lives consist of referential humor to fark memes and loudly talking to each other about their daily activity of their message boards in the break room.

Plus I don't really like how any type of computer looks.

11. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

^^
    What do you want, a gold star?

12. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Where is your God now?!?!?

13. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Laughing at that ugly-as-sin computer tower.

14. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Laughing at that ugly-as-sin computer tower.

At least it isn't a white or silver rectangle. [​IMG]
    It ain't cheap though.

15. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.