Apple Cider Vinegar really works for acid reflux

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Epaulet, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

A quick PSA for any heartburn and acid reflux sufferers.

Over the past few months, I've been slowly developing a nagging and persistent case of acid reflux. I went from eating TUMS on the rare occasions to eating about five of them a day - alongside regular doses of Pepsid AC. And that was merely keeping the symptoms manageable. It was pretty unbearable.

I was hoping to avoid a prescription remedy when I decided to start researching home remedies online. And I came across Apple Cider Vinegar.

I was very skeptical at first. If you google this stuff, you'll find claims that it can help you lose weight, eliminate acne, live 1,000 years, slam-dunk, and whatnot. Although I haven't tested it for anything else, I can say that it really did kill my heartburn and acid reflux in about two days. Better than Pepsid and TUMS. I just take a few tablespoons twice a day. It doesn't taste great, but it's not too bad going down. Six bucks gets you a large bottle of it, and it's nice to manage without popping pills. So if you're suffering from this, definitely give ACV a try.

2. softy

softy Senior member

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Waiting for Epaulet X Apple Cider Vinegar collab...

It could happen! I have to say, Patricia Bragg of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar is a pretty steezy gal. If ever there was a "Miss Daisy" to be driven, it's her:

[​IMG]

4. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    ^Does she own a liquor store?

5. Girardian

Girardian Senior member

Them Brag's products have a strange cultish following, that ol' Mrs. Braggs seems to encourage.

6. ea111009

ea111009 New Member

drink lots of water. stay away from citrus fruits, foods with too much cholesterol and alcohols. the best thing to do is change your diet.

7. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

My dad would get acid reflux a lot. It mostly went away when he started exercising regularly. Now he eats a little pickled ginger before high risk meals and it's his best remedy yet.

8. goldenbraid

goldenbraid Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. That makes sense because apple cider vinegar while acidic on its own, forms an alkaline state in your body. You would think it would cause more acid problems because it is acidic but for some strange reason this is not the case.

If you get sick of the taste, I would also recommend fresh lemon juice in water. It has the same effect (alkaline forming) and is also a powerful detaoxifier; it flushes the liver.

9. meister

meister Senior member

A quick PSA for any heartburn and acid reflux sufferers.

Over the past few months, I've been slowly developing a nagging and persistent case of acid reflux. I went from eating TUMS on the rare occasions to eating about five of them a day - alongside regular doses of Pepsid AC. And that was merely keeping the symptoms manageable. It was pretty unbearable.

I was hoping to avoid a prescription remedy when I decided to start researching home remedies online. And I came across Apple Cider Vinegar.

I was very skeptical at first. If you google this stuff, you'll find claims that it can help you lose weight, eliminate acne, live 1,000 years, slam-dunk, and whatnot. Although I haven't tested it for anything else, I can say that it really did kill my heartburn and acid reflux in about two days. Better than Pepsid and TUMS. I just take a few tablespoons twice a day. It doesn't taste great, but it's not too bad going down. Six bucks gets you a large bottle of it, and it's nice to manage without popping pills. So if you're suffering from this, definitely give ACV a try.

My mate swears by its health giving properties.