• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Appeal of High-$$$ RTW?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This is getting inane.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Bill, Bill, Bill, where's your self-interest? The uglier everyone else is, the better you look.

It does sometimes irk me when others dress poorly, but only because the number of people doing so makes the way I dress less socially acceptable. I will do as I do, but I'd prefer to pay a lower social price for it. It's like watching gas prices escalate.

I'm suprised you hold this point of view, i find it to be quite acceptable, and as to many of the people i do business with.

I think you look sharp, at least in the pics we've seen, in a subtle way, i think you may eventually find people view your look in a good light, but just dont mention it to you much.

OxxfordSJLINY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
No numbers. Or rather, I have asked around, and gotten some anecdotal figures about suits per year, but that is not really that precise.

I know that in the US, only Fioravanti has anything like the output of even a medium-sized SR firm. All the others would be considered boutiques on SR.

What about Logsdail? Does he have anything like the output of even a medium sized tailor Savile Row (or SR for short)? I would think so given the fact that Logsdail was on SR for most of his career as a tailor. However, I could be wrong.

If I am not mistaken, Fioravanti's starting price for a bespoke suit is now about $10K. The keywords here are "if I am not mistaken" as I am far from knowing this for a fact.

But I do know for a fact that, at the absolute least, the Fioravanti's starting price for a bespoke suit is now about $7.5K.

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To Manton, whoever the h you are: I've frequently relayed very respectful remarks about Brooks Brothers, of which I'm basically an afficianado. I'm wearing one or two BB items almost all awaking hours. I've also owned three Brooks Brothers watches myself, but these watches didn't have high ambitions, or cost; guess you haven't read many of my posts. More important, you're displaying big-time ignorance in regard to what watches are all about altogether.
fight[1].gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lafont
To Manton, whoever the h you are: I've frequently relayed very respectful remarks about Brooks Brothers, of which I'm basically an afficianado. I'm wearing one or two BB items almost all awaking hours. I've also owned three Brooks Brothers watches myself, but these watches didn't have high ambitions, or cost; guess you haven't read many of my posts. More important, you're displaying big-time ignorance in regard to what watches are all about altogether.
fight[1].gif

I think you meant to direct this at someone else. I never post about watches, because I don't know much about them, and don't really care.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think you meant to direct this at someone else. I never post about watches, because I don't know much about them, and don't really care.
Do you have a reply to Oxxford S5 TC?

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, Manton! I see your abrasive remarks were targed to Film Noir Buff.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lafont
Sorry, Manton! I see your abrasive remarks were targed to Film Noir Buff.

As are pretty much all of my abrasive remarks. But he deserves it.

My abrasive remarks also had nothing to do with watches or with Brooks Brothers, so I am curious as to how you concluded that they were directed at you.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Do you have a reply to Oxxford S5 TC?

I started composing one, but then I realized I did not understand his math, and I gave up.

OxxfordSJLINY

Reaction score
I started composing one, but then I realized I did not understand his math, and I gave up.

Message edited. It should be understandable now. If not, I will edit it again.

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Manton, your comment came soon after mine and it was general enough one could assume it went with almost anyone's post and any type of attire or accessory.
bounce2.gif

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a relatively new fan of kiton (based only on owning a single sportcoat and a handful of shirts, a few ties....used to own a second hand suit several years ago). the brand really appeals to me, and is a striking contrast to Brioni-- but I've learned much reading how much work is in the goods, as compared to the ads. Check the two page spreads in Robb Report, touting the handwork in the suits and shirts; several paragraphs detail the construction.

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Well, unless you guys are seeing something else, all the Kiton marketing for the past year or two is entirely lifestyle-oriented: "Here are guys wearing Kiton, and they are having a great time and they are not stuffy at all. Look, their ties are flapping in the wind."

No claims are made to how the garments are made.
Salesman patter is another thing, and since misinformation is a common tool, I not sure that I would lay the blame at Kiton's feet if some daft salesmen says something like, "A Kiton jacket is entirely handmade and is the best in the world."

Maybe Kiton used to make such claims, but I do not see it today at least in their print ads.

- B

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
........ Check the two page spreads in Robb Report, touting the handwork in the suits and shirts; several paragraphs detail the construction.

I would be very grateful if you could scan or just shoot those and e mail the pages to me as a jpeg or pdf?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zegnamtl
I would be very grateful if you could scan or just shoot those and e mail the pages to me as a jpeg or pdf?

I'd be interested in the content as well. Any claims of 24 hours of handwork?
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads