• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

apparently, I am hypoglycemic.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Had a blood panel run last week and everything was great except my resting blood glucose was 15mg. looks like 50mg is the low-end of normal. should i be concerned?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Sounds like an excuse to eat whenever you want, or to hit people. "Sorry, you know how I am when my blood sugar gets low!"

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^already do both. but seriously, it explains why i need to eat every 2 hours and why i'm unbearable if i don't.

stickshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
Had a blood panel run last week and everything was great except my resting blood glucose was 15mg. looks like 50mg is the low-end of normal. should i be concerned?

Yes. Hypoglycemia is a serious medical concern.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get a serving (~15 grams of carbohydrates) of a starch and a protein rich food as a snack between meals. Stay away from refined carbohydrates.

Hypoglycemia may be a risk factor for type 2 diabetes down the road. You might want to see a dietitian that specializes in diabetes education (certified diabetes educator).

I can email you some sample meal plans for hypoglycemia in the morning when I'm back in the office, if you'd like.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^thanks. would be much appreciated. have eaten about 60% protein, 20% fat and 20% carbs for the last 10 years. may need to up that carb and dextrose intake.

traditionally eat 6-7 meals a day, every 2 or so hours. does that blood glucose # sound frighteningly low?

stickshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
Make sure you get a serving (~15 grams of carbohydrates) of a starch and a protein rich food as a snack between meals. Stay away from refined carbohydrates. Hypoglycemia may be a risk factor for type 2 diabetes down the road. You might want to see a dietitian that specializes in diabetes education (certified diabetes educator). I can email you some sample meal plans for hypoglycemia in the morning when I'm back in the office, if you'd like.
HYPOglycemia is a risk factor for diabetes? We never learned that in medical school. Where you thinking about HYPERglycemia?
does that blood glucose # sound frighteningly low?
VERY low.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^what i thought. hadn't eaten for 12 hours. make any difference?

on the plus side, had an hdl of 90 and a total of 160. pretty good.

stickshift

Reaction score
^what i thought. hadn't eaten for 12 hours. make any difference?
Yes. You could be setting yourself up for some neurological damage. Quite frankly, the quick, short-term treatment for hypoglycemia is intravenous glucose. It doesn't get any more "refined" than that.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^well i hadn't eaten per request of the technician for the blood work.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i don't think. it's always been somewhat low and everything else is as it almost always is.

stickshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
Could the lab have fucked up the test?

Always a possibility, so it is wise to get your blood glucose retested.

But here are a few common symptoms: Have you ever experienced sweating, palpitations, tremor, anxiety, lethargy, confusion, or visual problems when you haven't eaten for a while?

The most common cause of hypoglycemia is too much insulin taken for treatment of diabetes. Is this the case with you?

Anyway, I would go see an endocrinologist ASAP.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
never taken insulin and no diabetes in my family anywhere. and i've always had anxiety, so as an isolated symptom it's tough to say. long prior history of anabolics but don;t know of any correlation.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Is this also a blood test boasting thread? On the subject of freakishly low numbers, my triglycerides were 38.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics