• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aportnoy is on Hiatus?

Leaveitothexperts

Reaction score
anyone ever thought that he may just have been overcome by the pressure we gave him to post pics of his entire collection?

If he finally decided to, this could take months, think about the time it takes to make a movie, then multiply that by at least 2x . .

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fear that aportnoy's wife caught him in an unspeakable act of shoephilia.
eek.gif

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
What, was he typing with his feet? again?[/I]

Andrew truly is a great guy and a stalwart on this forum. He's also very generous and was a wonderful poster.

But in reading through his previous posts, I do notice many, many misspellings and typos!

Could he have been typing with his feet to preserve the virginity of "The Collection"?

If so, I respect him even more!

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Andrew truly is a great guy and a stalwart on this forum. He's also very generous and was a wonderful poster.

But in reading through his previous posts, I do notice many, many misspellings and typos!

Could he have been typing with his feet to preserve the virginity of "The Collection"?

If so, I respect him even more!

he is a true shoe purist

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I suggest you guys compose Haikus in honor of aportnoy and his shoes to at least generate some minimal entertainment value from this thread.

Where's he gone? and been?
Battle his shoe fears, shoe fires.
He is legend, myth.

plain.gif

yeah , you try to do better. cmon
brings tingles up your spine ? because it is so cheesy? oh yeah?
at least i tried man .

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Come to think of it, LabelKing disappeared around the same time as Portnoy. Do you think he might have pulled a Cunanan thing on him?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If aportnoy is dead and Manton has his shoes, what is manton going to do with them? We know from their own mouths, as it were, that some 3.5 sizes separate these two. Perhaps manton has some diabolical plan to either a.) corner or b.) flood the market for high-end footwear, having either a.) gone long in the futures market for said products or b.) (like in Trading Places) shorted the futures market for shoes.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Maybe Manton will open the Prince Machiavelli Trading Post. I call dibs on the EGs.

Maybe aportnoy is just on vacation and we could do a Knights of Prosperity thing and form a crime syndicate to break into his NYC home and steal then distribute the shoes to us less fortunate members of the syndicate.
smile.gif

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
word on the street is he is innocent and the train that transported him to jail derailed, he could escape and now he is trying to find the one-armed man that stole the money to buy keneth coles... The justice assigne Manton to capture him....

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
Where's he gone? and been?
Battle his shoe fears, shoe fires.
He is legend, myth.

plain.gif

yeah , you try to do better. cmon
brings tingles up your spine ? because it is so cheesy? oh yeah?
at least i tried man .

walls of white rubber,
my closet encloses me...
each shoe has a name!

well-kept

Reaction score
Could this thread be construed as a Portnoy Complaint?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Maybe Manton will open the Prince Machiavelli Trading Post. I call dibs on the EGs.

Maybe aportnoy is just on vacation and we could do a Knights of Prosperity thing and form a crime syndicate to break into his NYC home and steal then distribute the shoes to us less fortunate members of the syndicate.
smile.gif

What do you have there, officer?

Well sir, it looks like there are at least 10 different footprints here, but they are all in the area of 8-8.5UK...

Baffling! Keep at it.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of the best threads ever was "Haiku for Ernest"

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ighlight=haiku

Though Andrew and Ernest could not be more different, couldn't we do a "Haiku for Andrew"?

I'm not as young, smart or literary as many on SF, but I'll come up with one by tomorrow.

And let's be respectful please! Let's not forget that aportnoy is a great guy that has provided a lot of enjoyment and respect on this Forum! If there's a better shoe collection than his, I sure don't know of it.

So let's go, our literary brethren.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
EG's and JL's rock
Dark, Brown, Museum Calf
Over a Pantherella Sock

17 syllables and a reference to the season (Dark!)

Yeah, yeah, pretty bad I know! But I don't claim to be particularly literate.

Gentlemen, please do a better job than I
smile.gif
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads