1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Apolis x Styleforum x Context heavy military shirt: the launch

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Nov 28, 2008.

1. rjakapeanut

rjakapeanut Senior member

yeah the one Warren G got me is out for delivery i should be getting it in a few hours. i know i'm going to try it on to make sure it fits, if all goes well i'll post some pics tonight hopefully.

this is for a skinny guy too, i'm 5'9 135lbs.

2. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

sorry Ricky..I stole your shirt. You will not be receiving the package.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Got mine in a medium, wow what a shirt! I'm so bummed though because the armpits are soo high and tight it is practically cutting off circuation. The rest of it fits great if really slim. Would the arms on the large be significantly different? Any possibility of stretching?

The shirt will stretch, But you might want to trade for a large if you want a better fit. It will not be as slim though...

Fok.

4. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Looks good, contemplating between small and medium, depending on arm widths tho. Is there a huge difference?

5. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Holy crap! I just got mine and its fantastic! Definitely, planning on wearing it as a shirt/light jacket unbuttoned. Limited edition #69 out of 80. Nice.

Just an FYI, I'm 6'1 and about 180-185 with long arms and it fits me perfect. I will try to post some fit pics tomorrow.

Well done guys! I'm definitely looking into picking up some more Apolis.

6. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

Fit-wise, after some wear I'm pretty glad I got an XL. I suspect the shirt looks (and feels) a little roomier than it is, due to the stiffness. An L would have been uncomfortably tight, especially in the chest and shoulders. And I almost always wear larges, occasionally mediums (in roomy brands).

So for those of you that didn't size up a little, trying to exchange or trade for a bigger size might be prudent. It doesn't seem like the kind of shirt you'd want a constrictingly tight fit with.

It's a pretty great shirt though. Does a better job of blocking the wind than the coat on over it does. Today I was noticing that the inside is quite soft to the touch, almost like felt.

7. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

Holy crap! I just got mine and its fantastic! Definitely, planning on wearing it as a shirt/light jacket unbuttoned. Limited edition #69 out of 80. Nice.

Just an FYI, I'm 6'1 and about 180-185 with long arms and it fits me perfect. I will try to post some fit pics tomorrow.

Well done guys! I'm definitely looking into picking up some more Apolis.

...and what size are you mysteriously referring to?

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

#69 is probably a large.

9. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

Does that mean #1 is an XS?

10. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Oops, I meant to say size Large.

11. rjakapeanut

just want to throw this out there:

i had a problem with one of these, and i contacted context support about exchanging or getting a refund. they were incredibly helpful. they went the extra mile for me, and now i'm shipping the shirt back for another. their customer services is incredible.

i definitely trust context after this ordeal. can't wait to get the shirt in!

12. Pickett

Pickett Member

Does that mean #1 is an XS?

No, No. 1 is Ryan's and it was a Medium. I don't know how they numbered the rest.

I picked mine up day of release from the store, also a medium, #49.

As for the sizing up comments, I picked up a M and I am 6' 165 and mine also fits "perfectly". It depends on how you plan to wear it. I plan using mine more as a shirt and layering piece instead of as outerwear, but to each their own.

I am excited to beat the hell out of this thing and see how it ages.

13. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Cross posted in WAYWT. This is a size large. [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

shirt looks great. must resist

15. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

I have heard a few complaints that the shirt is a tad "boxy" or somehow the fit is less-than. It is dark out, so I can't take a good photo at the moment, but here is a terrible shot in my bathroom which might give you some idea of how high the armholes are and how un-boxy it is. I will take a nicer outdoor photo today if I don't get trapped at work all day. It really is a quite nice shirt--hats off to Fok and Apolis. [​IMG] edit: fixed so it's visible with normal human eyes.

16. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

I have heard a few complaints that the shirt is a tad "boxy" or somehow the fit is less-than. It is dark out, so I can't take a good photo at the moment, but here is a terrible shot in my bathroom which might give you some idea of how high the armholes are and how un-boxy it is. I will take a nicer outdoor photo today if I don't get trapped at work all day. It really is a quite nice shirt--hats off to Fok and Apolis.

[​IMG]

mulansauce nothing is showing up.

17. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Its just that dark. If you really squint and tilt your eyes, you will see him.

18. rjakapeanut

hey, what do you guys think about the pocket on this shirt? too big? should it be on the right side?

i don't mind it at all but ive gotten comments from my girlfriend and mother about the size of the pocket and it being on the "wrong" side. clearly there is some ignorance there because they're uneducated when it comes to this kind of thing, but i like the shirt and i guess thats all that matters.

what do you think about the pocket, though?

19. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

I like the pocket being on the other side, as a change of pace. Just tell them it's a left-handed shirt.

BTW 5'10" 155 lbs. with a 38" chest and a medium fits me perfectly. I am really, really happy with this shirt.

20. rjakapeanut

oh, 5'9 135lbs with 35" chest small fits me real well.