• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apolis x Styleforum x Context heavy military shirt: the launch

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i meant its not already a item that people have quite a few fit pics for with different body types. older items that have been around i can easily find someone with a similar body type with fit pics to help ease my decision.

this one is tough it might end up looking really bad on me and like i said the pit to pit scares me. i seldom wear things as a jacket if anything i layer just a thin longsleeve underneath rarely or a regular hanes white tee.

i really like the details though so i keep looking at it. any actual member including people who developed the item have pictures of them wearing it?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
i meant its not already a item that people have quite a few fit pics for with different body types. older items that have been around i can easily find someone with a similar body type with fit pics to help ease my decision.

this one is tough it might end up looking really bad on me and like i said the pit to pit scares me. i seldom wear things as a jacket if anything i layer just a thin longsleeve underneath rarely or a regular hanes white tee.

i really like the details though so i keep looking at it. any actual member including people who developed the item have pictures of them wearing it?

Ryan has the only exisiting copy, but they are shipping soon, so you may soon get a chance to see them on a variety of people. Probably not on me, since I will be travelling, but the fit on me is pretty close to the one seen on the Context pages. I layered it over a thin tee (short or long sleeve) while I was doing my fittings and pinning the samples, if that helps at all.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
The model on the Context site is a stud. I am not a stud. Will this shirt fit me?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got confirmation that the shirts are done, and will be shipping out very soon. Apparently, a fair number of these are already spoken for. Get on it. If you are in the area, ask to see Ryan's. I think that you'll like what you see.

Fok.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Officially KOPPED. Got the last XL too. Sorry guys.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
Officially KOPPED. Got the last XL too. Sorry guys.

You SOB!! i was just about to pull the trigger on it

SAM113

Reaction score
OK- Here are the long-awaited (and out of focus) fit pics as requested. This is what happens when the photographer also does the modeling.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SAM113
OK-
Here are the long-awaited (and out of focus) fit pics as requested.

This is what happens when the photographer also does the modeling.

Wow, looks even better than I thought it would! Super excited for this shirt to ship!

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SAM113
OK-
Here are the long-awaited (and out of focus) fit pics as requested.

What size is that? What size are you?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken

Ryan is shorter and a little smaller than I am - I think... 5'9" and 155 lbs or so. I am 5'11", with a much rangier build (so, my arms are quite long for my height) and about 10 lbs heavier as of right now. The shirt fits me much closer to the way it fits the model pics on the Context site. It is the same shirt that Ryan is wearing and is a medium. IIRC, you are closer to Ryan's size and build than to mine. If I were you, I would go with the medium if you plan to wear it as a shirt/jacket sometimes, as Ryan has here, or a small if you want to wear it as a shirt all of the time. Guys like Sauce should probably take a medium.

Dirk Benedict

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken

Thats me in the photo. I'm 5'09'' and a bit heavier than Fok speculated (I'm 165lbs). When the full size run arrives, I'll try to shoot each size on a proper model for a proper representation of the fit (some sizes will be sold out and thus I will not waste time trying to shoot them-- sorry).

It is cold and snowing hard in Madison, WI these days so mine has become a mid-layer piece and is perfect for wearing with a henley or tee underneath once I shed my outerwear. I'll post more wear pics in a few months. Its looking great so far.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads