1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Apolis x Styleforum x Context heavy military shirt: the launch

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Nov 28, 2008.

1. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

OK-
    Here are the long-awaited (and out of focus) fit pics as requested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is what happens when the photographer also does the modeling.

Wow, looks even better than I thought it would! Super excited for this shirt to ship!

2. SAM113

SAM113 Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Here are some shots of how the fabric ages. This after 2 weeks of everyday wear. You can see the blue weft coming through. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ken

ken Senior member

OK-
    Here are the long-awaited (and out of focus) fit pics as requested.

What size is that? What size are you?

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Ryan is shorter and a little smaller than I am - I think... 5'9" and 155 lbs or so. I am 5'11", with a much rangier build (so, my arms are quite long for my height) and about 10 lbs heavier as of right now. The shirt fits me much closer to the way it fits the model pics on the Context site. It is the same shirt that Ryan is wearing and is a medium. IIRC, you are closer to Ryan's size and build than to mine. If I were you, I would go with the medium if you plan to wear it as a shirt/jacket sometimes, as Ryan has here, or a small if you want to wear it as a shirt all of the time. Guys like Sauce should probably take a medium.

5. Dirk Benedict

Dirk Benedict Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thats me in the photo. I'm 5'09'' and a bit heavier than Fok speculated (I'm 165lbs). When the full size run arrives, I'll try to shoot each size on a proper model for a proper representation of the fit (some sizes will be sold out and thus I will not waste time trying to shoot them-- sorry).

It is cold and snowing hard in Madison, WI these days so mine has become a mid-layer piece and is perfect for wearing with a henley or tee underneath once I shed my outerwear. I'll post more wear pics in a few months. Its looking great so far.

6. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

Thats me in the photo. I'm 5'09'' and a bit heavier than Fok speculated (I'm 165lbs). When the full size run arrives, I'll try to shoot each size on a proper model for a proper representation of the fit (some sizes will be sold out and thus I will not waste time trying to shoot them-- sorry).

It is cold and snowing hard in Madison, WI these days so mine has become a mid-layer piece and is perfect for wearing with a henley or tee underneath once I shed my outerwear. I'll post more wear pics in a few months. Its looking great so far.

Hmm, I'm sort of thinking I should have jumped on a medium now instead of a large.

Anyone out there in the same, but opposite, boat? ...just in case...

7. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

is there a chest measurement for this shirt?

i am trying to decide between the xs and s

i want to wear it as a light jacket so possibly going with the size small

i wear a small in most american brands like Polo RL polo shirts and american apparel and H&M

i am a little under 5'8 with a slim build and weight about 140-145

go with small?

8. whodini

whodini Senior member

is there a chest measurement for this shirt?

i am trying to decide between the xs and s

i want to wear it as a light jacket so possibly going with the size small

i wear a small in most american brands like Polo RL polo shirts and american apparel and H&M

i am a little under 5'8 with a slim build and weight about 140-145

go with small?

Measurements: http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=705 You probably want a small.

9. randomkoreandude

yeah i saw those measurements but wanted to know the chest ... thanks

10. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

yeah i saw those measurements but wanted to know the chest ... thanks

Pit-to-Pit x 2 = Chest

No?

11. randomkoreandude

oh great thanks

any chance of shrinking?

12. whodini

whodini Senior member

oh great thanks

any chance of shrinking?

The label reads, "DRY CLEAN ONLY." If you choose to wash at your own risk, do so in cold water but expect anywhere from 1%-5% shrinkage.

13. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

I'm having second thoughts about ordering possibly the wrong size too. I ordered an XL and I'm 6'1 and about 182-185 pounds. What do you think experts, is that too big? The reason I went with the XL is the shoulders and sleeve. I have long arms.

Any thoughts? I like the look that was posted on here earlier by Sam and would prefer to wear it like that....maybe slightly looser.

14. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

payday is tomorrow i'm seriously thinking about buying a extra small now its tough because christmas is around the corner -__-.

edit: i just noticed i missed a promotion to have made it worthwhile. i need to start checking my e-mail more.

15. randomkoreandude

you mean the context cash? i just ordered mine in size small and still got the 50 dollars even though i was a day late. so maybe you can still do it. just try and plug in member and see if it comes up

16. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

Anyone get their shirt yet? Mine should arrive in a few days. If my camera is working, I'll post photos.

17. randomkoreandude

anyone get it yet? mine comes in tomorrow ... cant wait

18. Pangolin

Pangolin Senior member

I went to Context yesterday to look at it and the fabric is amazing. I didn't really like the fit on me (and, mainly, I didn't have the funds for it), but the result is very impressive.

19. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

anyone get it yet? mine comes in tomorrow ... cant wait

12/15/2008 \t4:24 A.M. \tOUT FOR DELIVERY

yay.

20. Admiral Kelvinator

Admiral Kelvinator Active Member

Hmm, I'm sort of thinking I should have jumped on a medium now instead of a large. Anyone out there in the same, but opposite, boat? ...just in case...
    I am looking to exchange my medium for a large instead. Please check your PMs. The medium fit is a little too short on me (especially in the chest) but the fabric is WOW! Words fail me.