1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Apolis | Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by Apolis, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apolis

Apolis Senior member

Apolis is privileged to join the growing number of brands maintaining a Styleforum affiliate thread. We recognize Styleforum as a growing community of informed members who appreciate the values Apolis embraces: people and product.

In 2004, brothers Raan and Shea Parton founded Apolis with the simple idea that business can create social change. Their travels abroad immersed them in personal stories of struggle and survival, and inspired them to create a business model that bridges commerce and economic development. Along with their commitment to global advocacy, they also understand the importance of sourcing and manufacturing locally. Whether it means partnering with manufacturers in Uganda, Peru, Bangladesh, or around the corner in Los Angeles, the Partons have used their model of "advocacy through industry" to empower people to determine their own future.

We invite Styleforum members to pose questions about fit and fabrication, upcoming releases, and our global advocacy projects. We also welcome suggestions for product development. As evidenced by 2008's Apolis + Styleforum + Context Madison Shirt Jacket, SF is among our greatest resources for understanding our audience.

To learn more about the Apolis brand and our history, watch our “Common Thread” video. The Apolis team looks forward to being an active part of the Styleforum community.

http://www.apol.is
    Instagram: @apolis
    Twitter: @apolis
    Facebook: @apolis

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Welcome guys. It's been a long time, but I'm glad we are together again.

I've personally known Shea and Raan Parton for about 5 years now, and their brand has grown quite a bit since then, as has this little forum of ours.

I don't know if they still live and work in their old digs, with their "board room", and the sausage place downtown, but I remember that it was a good night talking about parachute jackets, cashmere sweaters, and over embellished jeans.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

Welcome again.

Cheers,

Fok.

3. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Wow, this just happened today? did anyone make it out to the NYC event today at Steven Alan?

4. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

Wow, I can't believe this just happened.

5. Apolis

Apolis Senior member

Fok -
    Huge Thanks!
    -Shea

6. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Been a fan for a long time. Welcome!

7. trig

trig Senior member

nice to see Apolis here :) Welcome!

8. Apolis

Apolis Senior member

Winston -
    Excuse slow follow up, we're slowly getting acclimated into the SF family!! Where in New York you based? Come by Apolis: Nomad Market in Chelsea. Take the Highline and exit between 18th and 19th! Tomorrow we're releasing the photostory of the Oct. 18th private reception, here's a preview for the SF community...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Apolis

Apolis Senior member

Yes, this is happening! Where did you first hear about Apolis?

10. Apolis

Apolis Senior member

Spencer -
    Huge thanks! Looks like you're in LA? Come visit us at Apolis: Common Gallery.

11. Apolis

Apolis Senior member

Trig -
    You're in OC? Come visit us in LA at Apolis: Common Gallery! Thanks for the welcoming into SF!

12. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

Good question. Definitely on one of the fashion blogs. Maybe Cool Hunting or Selectism. I have an acquaintance in town that has done some of your photo-shoots, I think. Love the philanthropic side of things. Please consider partnering with Rotary to do something to help with the eradication of Polio.

13. Apolis

Apolis Senior member

Great to hear from you, thanks for the reply. We love Cool Hunting & Selectism, great to hear they have helped us connect to you. Who's your photographer acquaintance? Glad the philanthropic side of things resonates with you. We love Rotary, we'll keep them in mind, feel free to send us more info. Thanks again for the reply.

14. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Based in Manhattan. I was able to make it out to the private reception. Not sure if any other SFers were able to make it out.

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Which Shea? You guys need nicknames. It's confusing otherwise.

16. ASander

ASander Active Member

Happy to see Apolis on this forum. Welcome!

I've become a real fan of the brand. Definitely will try to make it to the new Nomad Market location.

17. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

For sure, I've been meaning to get down to the gallery one of these days. Next time my work takes me out your way I will stop by for sure. :D

18. Apolis

Apolis Senior member

Winston -

So good to hear! Did you have a good time?

19. Apolis

Apolis Senior member

Fok-

This is Shea Parton. Working on nicknames. Any suggestions?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  20. Apolis

Apolis Senior member

ASander -

Thanks for the welcome and for your support! We're sending some new product to the Nomad Market. If you make it out their tell us what you think!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.