1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Apolis Activism SS09 and FW09

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by chiral, Feb 18, 2009.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

From Secret Forts: [​IMG]

2. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

From Secret Forts:
    [​IMG]

Hey zissou...allow me to offer the following: [​IMG]

Haha on another note, your banana republic briefs post gave me a good laugh my good man. Excellent.

3. zissou

zissou Senior member

The pic looks fine to me, even when you quoted it [​IMG]

4. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Really? Guess SF is broken on the east coast US. Ah well.

So has anyone handled the AA chino's yet? They look nice, especially the olive, though I am not to keen on the white contrast detailing on the front. If someone has them or can report on their fit, I'd be happy to hear it.

5. UserName84

UserName84 Senior member

Blogspot images can only be seen by everyone if they are already in the cache. So unless they visit the blog where it was posted or manually copy and paste the image address into the location bar they wont be able to see it.

6. robin

robin Senior member

[​IMG] The styling is pretty bad.

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

Ah, I didn't realize that.

Yeah, robin, I'm not really inspired by any of it.

8. breakz

breakz Senior member

Ah, I didn't realize that. Yeah, robin, I'm not really inspired by any of it.
    Agreed. One, three and four look like Apolis, and two looks like Apolis trying to do the "surf Americana" thing everyone else wants to do for SS10.
    So has anyone handled the AA chino's yet? They look nice, especially the olive, though I am not to keen on the white contrast detailing on the front. If someone has them or can report on their fit, I'd be happy to hear it.
    tonio: I'm getting the utility trousers from Context in brown this week...I'll report back and let you know.

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

Apolis trying to do the "surf Americana" thing everyone else wants to do for SS10.

Maybe workwear Americana trend is fading? Now, we can all look like a more groomed, less pothead retro versions of the surfer dudes that grace college campuses nationwide.

10. robin

robin Senior member

Maybe workwear Americana trend is fading?
    Fuck I hope so. Some of the stuff people are putting out for SS10 is disgraceful. To add, there is some bad stuff in FW09 too. I just walked through Barney's and I swear half of it was plaid shirts.

11. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

Fuck I hope so. Some of the stuff people are putting out for SS10 is disgraceful.

To add, there is some bad stuff in FW09 too. I just walked through Barney's and I swear half of it was plaid shirts.

isnt plaid the norm for fall.....

12. breakz

breakz Senior member

isnt plaid the norm for fall.....

Absolutely, but it was also the norm this spring.

For me, plaid's jumping the shark. I'm waiting for Apolis plaid any day now...

13. London

London Senior member

Plaid will always be a sportswear staple

14. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

Yeah I love wearing plaid when I go surfing.

15. breakz

breakz Senior member

Plaid will always be a sportswear staple

And we have tons of brands putting out plaid shirts to ensure this is the case...

16. zissou

zissou Senior member

Here's another look at AA SS10, including the Rapha collab. I kinda like that green shirt, except for the epaulettes. [​IMG]

17. dougie

dougie Senior member

Agreed. One, three and four look like Apolis, and two looks like Apolis trying to do the "surf Americana" thing everyone else wants to do for SS10.

tonio: I'm getting the utility trousers from Context in brown this week...I'll report back and let you know.

Me too, and the chinos as well. I'll chime in when they come on Tuesday. I'm not sure how the sizing is going to work out to be honest.

18. breakz

breakz Senior member

Me too, and the chinos as well. I'll chime in when they come on Tuesday. I'm not sure how the sizing is going to work out to be honest.

Me either, Farinellis and Context disagree on the measurements. Went with a 33 even though my normal tagged size is 31.

19. djh

djh Senior member

Remember Farinellis measures the waist flat, without dip. While Context measures it with a dip, so the measurement is slightly smaller.

20. breakz

breakz Senior member

Remember Farinellis measures the waist flat, without dip. While Context measures it with a dip, so the measurement is slightly smaller.

Cool, thanks for the notice. Any differences in thigh? That's what got me.