Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Apolis Activism SS09 and FW09

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by chiral, Feb 18, 2009.

1. RCG Tiburon

RCG Tiburon Senior member

[​IMG]

This is like the Hitlerjugend of NDG but flipped to am American look. I'm a huge fan of NDG and I love this. This model is slightly more muscular than me but I'm hoping those Mustard Utility Trousers are a tad on the slim side because I'm really liking how those look (top block at least).

blue oxford military woven will be mine

it looks more inspired off of air force dress blues (part way down the page[​IMG]

http://www.thehock.com/shop/index.ph...ia=&searchCat=

really dig all of it, and would feel less awkward dropping the $$$ on the pieces knowing how much these guys do for invisible children et cetera.

robbie

Doesn't really look like J. Crew at all, way too many military references. Kind of interested in the pants and the workshirt, collabo bag looks good too.

+1

stuff looks good, doubt i'll cop because i'm poor but if i had the money i would definitely.

2. breakz

breakz Senior member

^^ Context email over the weekend says Apolis FW 09 is coming soon. looking forward to it myself...

Specifically, it should be in stores over the next 2 weeks...Context included.

3. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Excellent. I'll look for it locally--lucky to have a store that carries it here!

4. breakz

breakz Senior member

Excellent. I'll look for it locally--lucky to have a store that carries it here!

well technically Context hooks EVERYONE up, i hear they're stocking the full apolis collection online...but lucky you that you can try that stuff on easily [​IMG]

5. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Context is rad--their site is a real resource and they seem like great guys--but if I can support my local stores, I want to. Of course, there are always deals one can't pass up, but in general, those guys need all the support we can give them.

And yeah, the Apolis fit seems to vary, making the chance to try it on a nice feature for sure. I need to not sleep on the pants that drop for fall--assuming they make any w/ an inseam longer than 32"--[​IMG]

6. breakz

breakz Senior member

Context is rad--their site is a real resource and they seem like great guys--but if I can support my local stores, I want to. Of course, there are always deals one can't pass up, but in general, those guys need all the support we can give them.

And yeah, the Apolis fit seems to vary, making the chance to try it on a nice feature for sure. I need to not sleep on the pants that drop for fall--assuming they make any w/ an inseam longer than 32"--[​IMG]

Oh damn, thought you were talking about Context as your local store...didn't read location... [​IMG]

anyway agreed re: trying it on, i also hear their sizing issues should be sorted out for this season. i'm also making sure i don't sleep on their pants...

7. nfj

nfj Member

why dont we boycott them for strong arming our favorite retailer into forcing us to buy a $75 tote just to get a discount we used to all enjoy for free

last year apolis was on sale at revolve for 70%+ off and still didnt sell

8. breakz

breakz Senior member

why dont we boycott them for strong arming our favorite retailer...

last year apolis was on sale at revolve for 70%+ off and still didnt sell

it wasn't just them...it was apc and eg/wwm as well. and it wasn't their "fault" there's just a ton of morons on this damn forvm (like you) who can't keep their mouth shut

(ps edit your post nub)

9. nfj

nfj Member

10. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

Anyone have any idea how much that earth canvas jacket is going to run?

11. APK

APK Senior member

I'd be surprised if it was any less than $300.

12. nfj

nfj Member

Anyone have any idea how much that earth canvas jacket is going to run?

whatever you think its worth

+$250

13. breakz

breakz Senior member

whatever you think its worth

+$250

says the guy who likes BoO. [​IMG]

i haven't seen their outerwear go past $400 before.

14. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

why dont we boycott them for strong arming our favorite retailer into forcing us to buy a $75 tote just to get a discount we used to all enjoy for free

go for it. vote with your dollars. that's always the strongest vote of all. in fact, don't buy any of the brands that these retailers sell, in protest over not being able to get them at a discount, b/c even though you love them, you think they're overpriced.

i can't afford a lot of the SF-beloved brands, so I wait for sales at my local shops, pick stuff carefully and pony up, or see if choice finds in my size show up in B&S. but i don't bitch about not getting a discount that was always a privilege and not a right.

15. zissou

zissou Senior member

I got my Nomad Pullover from Brigade today and it's kick ass. The fit is great and the cotton cashmere is crazy soft. Thanks, Brigade!