1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Apolis Activism SS09 and FW09

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by chiral, Feb 18, 2009.

1. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

I think I'm going to have to save up for that waxed bomber.

2. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

looks nice. do all the shirts have epaulettes? I'm digging what I can see of the shirts from under the sweaters and jackets, but epaulettes would be a deal-breaker for me.

3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

that navy bomber looks really nice.

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

[​IMG]

This is like the Hitlerjugend of NDG but flipped to am American look. I'm a huge fan of NDG and I love this. This model is slightly more muscular than me but I'm hoping those Mustard Utility Trousers are a tad on the slim side because I'm really liking how those look (top block at least).

5. chiral

chiral Senior member

that navy bomber looks really nice.

Yeah, I look forward to more details but thats the standout for me so far. I love me some waxed cotton.

6. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Yea, it seems appolis is about a year late on strict ndg jocking but without a strict blue/grey/white/black color scheme

7. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

It's like NDG but cheaper, which works for me.

8. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

wow i never really paid much attention to this label, needless to say i want tons of it now

9. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Apolis just keeps getting better. I love the bomber and the Ugandan shirt jacket which looks eerily similar to the Context X SF shirt with 2 chest pockets styled differently.

10. chiral

chiral Senior member

Apolis just keeps getting better. I love the bomber and the Ugandan shirt jacket which looks eerily similar to the Context X SF shirt with 2 chest pockets styled differently.

Thats good for those of us that missed out on the limited edition shirt. Damn unfortunate being an XXL. How you liking the jacket by the way?

11. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

blue oxford military woven will be mine

12. robbie

robbie Senior member

really dig all of it, and would feel less awkward dropping the $$$ on the pieces knowing how much these guys do for invisible children et cetera.

robbie

13. why

why Senior member

I think I have a shirt and tie from Apolis that I never really wear. The tie has unfixable creases from a trip in a suitcase and the shirt is just off in some way that irks me.

Nice pants, but I doubt I'd buy them. And shirts with epaulets died two years ago.

All in all, it's all a bit too J.Crew for me but some might like that aspect.

14. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

Doesn't really look like J. Crew at all, way too many military references. Kind of interested in the pants and the workshirt, collabo bag looks good too.

15. why

why Senior member

Doesn't really look like J. Crew at all, way too many military references. Kind of interested in the pants and the workshirt, collabo bag looks good too.

The shorts, shirts, pants, and ties are J. Crew doppelgangers.

16. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

The ties, pants and shorts are all so unremarkable that you could liken them to nearly any brand, plain khaki shorts and pants are not specific to J. Crew and neither are solid color ties. Last I checked J.Crew doesn't sell any shirts with epaulets, three quarter plackets or cigarette pockets. On top of that J. Crew doesn't make military jackets/ coats or overshirts.

The comparison is weak at best.

17. robbie

robbie Senior member

All in all, it's all a bit too J.Crew for me but some might like that aspect.

i can see the resemblance, but would assume these aren't constructed by slave wage laborers in laos, and the fit is much less egalitarian that JCrew imo.

18. j.$

j.$ New Member

Anybody know how their sweaters and jackets fit? I'm already set on getting the bag but the Thomson jacket is looking mighty swell. I seem to be dead center between M and L in all the brands I currently own so purchasing online is a crapshoot for me

19. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

What stores in LA carry this brand?

20. whodini

whodini Senior member