• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APCs tailored in NYC...

Anamoly

Reaction score
Taking my new APC rescues
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

to R by 45rpm on Mercer st. for tailoring.
bigstar[1].gif

Any nuances that I need to know about/ask them about? Or do I just slap'em on the table tell them the desired length and shut my trap?
blush.gif

drake

Reaction score
Give yourself 1-2" allowance for shrinkage.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might want to look into how much Blue In Green charge for chainstitching. Also, you might want to look at the kind of thread 45RPM (of BiG) use. The former default to a gold-orange one which may or may not be to your liking. They should have other colours.

Anamoly

Reaction score
Thanks drake, I heard that as well so if Im normally a 30 or 31 inch length, then I probably want 31.5-32 inch hem, correct?

Whoope could you elaborate on the chainstitching. Is this something a high end tailor would do by default or must you request it?

thanks,
a

DrTolo

Reaction score
I would highly recommend getting any denim tailoring done at Blue In Green by Gordon. He is extremely knowledgeable, and he does excellent work.

drake

Reaction score
I'd do 32" or 32.5", you can always have your jeans hemmed again if they end up too long, can't go the other way.

Most tailors don't have the equipment for chain-stitching denim, but unless something has changed since I bought my Rescues APC doesn't chain stich their hems.

Still your best off going to a place with experience hemming denim and chain-stitching wont hurt (or make any difference).

Originally Posted by Anamoly
Thanks drake, I heard that as well so if Im normally a 30 or 31 inch length, then I probably want 31.5-32 inch hem, correct?

Whoope could you elaborate on the chainstitching. Is this something a high end tailor would do by default or must you request it?

thanks,
a

Anamoly

Reaction score
"Blue In Green by Gordon"

is this place/guy in nyc?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
putting a chainstitch on apcs...has that ever been done before?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anamoly
"Blue In Green by Gordon" is this place/guy in nyc?
Blue in Green is a store in SoHo, named after one of Miles' tracks.

Anamoly

Reaction score
Ahh blue in green on green st. Nice.

Thanks dude.

franklin

Reaction score
sorry to bump an old thread but i want to get a pair of Imperials tapered. would that be possible at this store?? i've been told that its tricky because both sides of the inseem would need to be equal...so im wondering whats gonna happen to the selvage?
confused.gif

thanks

ps. first post
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Ott

Reaction score
the selvage would be cut apart, but who cares if it makes your jeans fit better.

franklin

Reaction score
thats true,
on sufu i posted the same question and was told to just taper from the inseam and to leave the outseam alone. if its not even the legs would have a wierd twist right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads