• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APC vs Nudie fit comparison

mudger

Reaction score
I want to purchase my first pair of APC's but I would like them to fit like a bootcut ola or Regular Ralf, any suggestions?

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, heres one...

dont buy apc.

none fit like the 2 nudies you mentioned.

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
yeah... they don't fit like that, but you might like the rescue (straight leg) go try it on first.

modual

Reaction score
Agree with the cheapmutha. Nothing fits like reg ralf believe me i've looked around. Apc new standard is tapered and the rescue is completely straight. Stick with nudie imo. Have you tried slim jim ? A bit slimmer than ralf with a smaller leg opening but no taper. Great fit. Apc completely overated

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
no way dude... apc denim is nicer than nudie imo. Not overrated at all especially at what it retails for compared to others.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Yes, and no. The disadvantage with APC is that it's a tad bit overdone. I personally have grown a little tired of that same tone of blue appearing so often, and I've seen it a fair bit IRL as well.

However in quality comparison, APC really does do a good job. They're durable and the stitching has always held well for me, although I'm not a fan of lock-stitched hems. I'd personally rate them higher than Nudie, but find myself wearing Nudies a lot more often because of the fits, which are more stylish to me.

I personally think you should wait for the Styleforumx5EP jeans to come out. They're going to have similar dimensions to the regular ralf, but will be straight leg, a tad slimmer, and the quality is bar-none.

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Yes, and no. The disadvantage with APC is that it's a tad bit overdone. I personally have grown a little tired of that same tone of blue appearing so often, and I've seen it a fair bit IRL as well.

However in quality comparison, APC really does do a good job. They're durable and the stitching has always held well for me, although I'm not a fan of lock-stitched hems. I'd personally rate them higher than Nudie, but find myself wearing Nudies a lot more often because of the fits, which are more stylish to me.

I personally think you should wait for the Styleforumx5EP jeans to come out. They're going to have similar dimensions to the regular ralf, but will be straight leg, a tad slimmer, and the quality is bar-none.

Brian,

when is the 5EP jeans coming out? I'd be very interested in gettin' a pair.

SDGuy

Reaction score
dont mean to jack the thread but I just bough a pair of Slim Jim Dry Black and love it. What kind of apc jeans shall i be looking into? i like the tapered style. btw, my SJDB is 32x32, shall i get one size down? Also Brian SD, right now I live in SD too!! Where do u shop usually? Plz let me know!

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SDGuy
dont mean to jack the thread but I just bough a pair of Slim Jim Dry Black and love it. What kind of apc jeans shall i be looking into? i like the tapered style. btw, my SJDB is 32x32, shall i get one size down? Also Brian SD, right now I live in SD too!! Where do u shop usually? Plz let me know!

you should go with the APC New Standard. Size down 1 or 2 from your regular waist size.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SDGuy

SD sucks for shopping, I usually drive to LA. The only cool place in San Diego for clothing is http://www.steadyboutique.com/ but it's so small...

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Definitely size down 2, maybe 3 from your waist in apc new standards for a fit similar to slim jim. Sizing 1 down would end up being a little looser than your jims. They'll stretch like crazy even if you size down 3 until they're a little loose. Sizing down 1 would probably be closer to a ralf fit in terms of tightness(they're not even a similar cut, but you know what i mean). I'd say 2-3 for slim jim tightness.

revolution

Reaction score
i too am wanting to by a pair of APC denim, but the RRDS fit suits my muscular physique, I'm 5'9 165lbs. I wear RRDS sz 30 relaxed, and RRDG sz 29 fitted. I tried on a pair of SJDB in a 30 and I could get the waist past my quads....could you wear apc's loose, but still get some decent fading?

chronoaug

Reaction score
Yea, just buy the apc new standards 1 size down. APCs fade pretty fast so they'll still fade without being really tight. People aren't kidding when they say apcs stretch a lot. They really do. You could get the rescues but they're a much baggier cut and don't make them under size 30 so they'd all be too big for you. If you have a barnies nearby or some other place that has them you could just try them on. APC's site has a list of american stockists.

revolution

Reaction score
the tapered hem doesn't work for me. How are the new standard leg openings compare to the hipster (i know is low rise 9") or cure or standard? Looking for a cuff of 8"-9" flat across.

chronoaug

Reaction score
The new standard taper if sized down 1 really isn't that bad. Look at the latest What are you wearing now photo by LA Guy. He is wearing them sized down 1 and they basically just look like straight leg jeans. I wouldn't be afraid just because of the word "taper". The hipster has a much larger hem than the cure and slightly larger than the standard. It depends on the size you are, but i think it's about .5" more. You could always call or email www.thedenimbar.net and figure it out. If you call them, i'm sure they'd make sure you purchase the correct one. You already know about sizing down 1 for a relaxed fit, 2-3 for a slim fit, and they'll be able to help you out with the hem you're looking for. But look at LA Guy's latest post of his new standards, they're not a skinny jean, like most people think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads