• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APC Special Article in the NYT

Fidgeteer

Reaction score
For those who live in New York and haven't met their minimum smugness requirement, here's a New York Times piece about APC founder, Jean Touitou, and the new APC store on Bleeker and Perry.

According to the article, I appear to be the only man in New York who doesn't "know where to get the best made-to-measure fine-wale corduroy suit" and wouldn't be interested in "which quirky sock would look oh-so-surprising peeking out from beneath" "the right cordovan shoe to wear with it."

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
apc sure is hard to find - very exclusive. it's not like every barney's coop carries the entire line.

Fidgeteer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
apc sure is hard to find - very exclusive. it's not like every barney's coop carries the entire line.
The article makes it pretty clear that's that's a deliberate strategy, which I didn't know. Most brands on that level want to give the appearance of exclusivity but quickly abandon the pretense once they catch on. Touitou actually seems to believe in the idea of staying under the radar commercially as well as aesthetically. The endless aphorisms the author quotes aren't simply gnomic, they're mission statements. They reflect a tendency toward practical dogmatism that I've observed in several of the French musicians I've worked with over the years. They sound like they're writing manifestos, but they're really just trying to be in the right frame of mind to get the work done. I appreciated Caramanica's discussion of styles and inventory. I'll stop by the store this weekend and take a look -- possibly tomorrow, since I'll be passing by while doing errands.

Fidgeteer

Reaction score
The sarcasm meter has yet to trump an Ignore Tone knob (i.e., the knob for all knobs).

Last edited:

Dapp

Reaction score
And the winner of the most pointless bump of the year.

uhoh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads