• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APC sizing HELP!

swaggerboi

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I usually wear a NAKED and FAMOUS WEIRD GUY denim tagged size 30

But I wanted to buy APC NEW STANDARDS online since the store in toronto is sold out and ive no way of trying them out.

I heard they stretch a lot.

What size should I get? size 28?

also ive tried the unbranded denim from urban outfitters im also size 30

dasai

Reaction score
In before "special flower" comment.

There's a 200+ page thread where you might find an answer.

kookydooky

Reaction score
OK i wont be one of those dicks who will comment on why you made a new thread but I will post some advice which hopefully will be helpful

Ill put it this way

APCs tagged size is two smaller than what it actually measures.

Example. A tagged 28 will measure 30 inches or 15inches across when brand new plus you have to consider the extra stretch which I find varies for different people but they do stretch a lot.

Personally I wear a size 25 in New Standards which I know for sure measured 27 inches around the waist (or 13.5 across flat) when brand new and over time stretched to where I wear it on my hips. By the end of it I am pretty sure they measured approx 15 inches across flat and when I washed it the other day they went back to 13-13.5 inches flat across

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PC is found at Holt Renfrew

kookydooky

Reaction score
I never got what people meant by true waist, Do they mean where they like their jeans to sit?

My waist (around just above my belly button measures 26 inches around and my hips where I tend to wear my pants (just under the hip bone) is 30 inches.

By the end of it the jeans stretched quite perfectly where I dont need to use a belt to hold them up or anything.

kookydooky

Reaction score
Also how much do your current jeans measure across the waist flat, is that measurement after all the stretch and is that the same snugness you want after?

I might be able to help you further with that info.

swaggerboi

Reaction score
across flat it is 15" - 15.5" after all the stretch

also i measured my waist where i like it to sit it is 31" around the skin. so should I size down to 28 in the APC NS?

sorry for all the trouble i live in Toronto, there is a store that carry APC but they are sold out so I could not try them on.

kookydooky

Reaction score
The size 28 NS would measure 15 across

Are a slender guy? Id probably go for a 27

swaggerboi

Reaction score
id say im pretty athletic built but not slender. i dont have skinny calves.
ill take your advice on the 28 NS since they are the only size i could find online. the 27 might be too tight.
im 5 ft 8", 130 lbs,

you said you take size 25 in NS, your waist is 30inch on ur hips.

whats ur build?

aphextwin07

Reaction score
size down 2 and post in the APC thread next time, or better yet, read the damn thing.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i am 5 10 and around 155, my true waist is 32. i wear a 28 in new standards.
by the sound of it, you should go for 27

swaggerboi

Reaction score
thanks for all the help guys. ill go with the 27. I was able to try on the 28s at Holt Renfrew after hours of searching for them. they fit tight but all the buttons can be buttoned up.

i read the APC thread as suggested. so i guess its normal if the top button wont button up on the 27s.

and robin howd u fit on the 28s ? if u normally wear 32? must have been really tight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads