• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APC sale...not much left though

Metal Circus

Reaction score
If you've got tiny feet, you might snag some tennis shoes. If you're a 35 or 36, there might be some of those grey jeans left too.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it sort of sucks for bargain hunting when a brand that you really like becomes really popular like this. Only a couple of years ago, you could wait weeks into the sale and still get great stuff in pretty much any size. There is a early thread here about APC when people were going to www.apc.com, and getting really puzzled
smile.gif
Now everyone and their dog knows the brand and the website (The new standard jeans made about 20 appearances in the last GQ.) On the other hand, it's nice to see a good brand do well. I do wish that they would bring back the old Anglaise cut though. They were perfect (well, for my tastes, anyway.) The "Rescue", or "Man" Jean, or whatever they are calling it now, is really no substitute.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, jeez was looking at the military shirt the other day...dammit!

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
(The new standard jeans made about 20 appearances in the last GQ.)

Yeah, I took note of that too. I immediately thought that APC's PR firm did a great job schmoozing somebody at GQ.

I believe the sale only just started on June 13.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I checked in a few hours after they sent the email notice, and it was slim pickings already. It's like J. Crew sales, except they have the courtesy to put "sold out" on their color/size pulldown, so you don't get your hopes up
confused.gif

Dangydang

Reaction score
So I guess it's safe to assume that most of the stuff in the store would be out as well?

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dangydang
So I guess it's safe to assume that most of the stuff in the store would be out as well?
yeah, that's what i'm wondering. there was this amazing APC hooded cotton jacket in a tan color at the SF Rolo on Howard that isn't even on the APC site. i'd pick it up in a second if it was on sale. OK, just answered my own question. The Rolo is not having a sale on APC stuff right now. -Jeff

wttm

Reaction score
^^
I was going to pick that up at the store in the morning, then when I went back in the afternoon, they were sold out!
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

It was such a nice jacket!!!!!

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Yeah, it sort of sucks for bargain hunting when a brand that you really like becomes really popular like this. Only a couple of years ago, you could wait weeks into the sale and still get great stuff in pretty much any size. There is a early thread here about APC when people were going to www.apc.com, and getting really puzzled
smile.gif
Now everyone and their dog knows the brand and the website (The new standard jeans made about 20 appearances in the last GQ.) On the other hand, it's nice to see a good brand do well.

I do wish that they would bring back the old Anglaise cut though. They were perfect (well, for my tastes, anyway.) The "Rescue", or "Man" Jean, or whatever they are calling it now, is really no substitute.

Actually i dunno i find their other non-jean stuff kind of decent but overpriced. And as far as their jeans go, i definitely love my new standards to bits but it's kind of a standard (well, duh) sort of thing, something you buy on the one-off and keep forever.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tweedlesinpink
Actually i dunno i find their other non-jean stuff kind of decent but overpriced. And as far as their jeans go, i definitely love my new standards to bits but it's kind of a standard (well, duh) sort of thing, something you buy on the one-off and keep forever.

That's why the sales were great! The quality, imho, has actually gone downhill in the past little while. Ah, growing pains...

Dill

Reaction score
Another testament to their popularity: I was at Azeala in SF the other day and they had a waiting list for the shipment of Rescues and New Standards they just got in. They expected to sell them all in about a week.

Metal Circus

Reaction score
arggghhh...they really are sold out. I ordered some sneakers two weeks ago (the wrong color), exchanged them, and today saw that they refunded my money!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads