• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

APC sale...not much left though

Metal Circus

Reaction score
If you've got tiny feet, you might snag some tennis shoes. If you're a 35 or 36, there might be some of those grey jeans left too.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Yeah, it sort of sucks for bargain hunting when a brand that you really like becomes really popular like this. Only a couple of years ago, you could wait weeks into the sale and still get great stuff in pretty much any size. There is a early thread here about APC when people were going to www.apc.com, and getting really puzzled
Now everyone and their dog knows the brand and the website (The new standard jeans made about 20 appearances in the last GQ.) On the other hand, it's nice to see a good brand do well. I do wish that they would bring back the old Anglaise cut though. They were perfect (well, for my tastes, anyway.) The "Rescue", or "Man" Jean, or whatever they are calling it now, is really no substitute.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, jeez was looking at the military shirt the other day...dammit!

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
(The new standard jeans made about 20 appearances in the last GQ.)

Yeah, I took note of that too. I immediately thought that APC's PR firm did a great job schmoozing somebody at GQ.

I believe the sale only just started on June 13.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I checked in a few hours after they sent the email notice, and it was slim pickings already. It's like J. Crew sales, except they have the courtesy to put "sold out" on their color/size pulldown, so you don't get your hopes up

Dangydang

Reaction score
So I guess it's safe to assume that most of the stuff in the store would be out as well?

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dangydang
So I guess it's safe to assume that most of the stuff in the store would be out as well?
yeah, that's what i'm wondering. there was this amazing APC hooded cotton jacket in a tan color at the SF Rolo on Howard that isn't even on the APC site. i'd pick it up in a second if it was on sale. OK, just answered my own question. The Rolo is not having a sale on APC stuff right now. -Jeff

wttm

Reaction score
^^
I was going to pick that up at the store in the morning, then when I went back in the afternoon, they were sold out!

It was such a nice jacket!!!!!

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Yeah, it sort of sucks for bargain hunting when a brand that you really like becomes really popular like this. Only a couple of years ago, you could wait weeks into the sale and still get great stuff in pretty much any size. There is a early thread here about APC when people were going to www.apc.com, and getting really puzzled
Now everyone and their dog knows the brand and the website (The new standard jeans made about 20 appearances in the last GQ.) On the other hand, it's nice to see a good brand do well.

I do wish that they would bring back the old Anglaise cut though. They were perfect (well, for my tastes, anyway.) The "Rescue", or "Man" Jean, or whatever they are calling it now, is really no substitute.

Actually i dunno i find their other non-jean stuff kind of decent but overpriced. And as far as their jeans go, i definitely love my new standards to bits but it's kind of a standard (well, duh) sort of thing, something you buy on the one-off and keep forever.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tweedlesinpink
Actually i dunno i find their other non-jean stuff kind of decent but overpriced. And as far as their jeans go, i definitely love my new standards to bits but it's kind of a standard (well, duh) sort of thing, something you buy on the one-off and keep forever.

That's why the sales were great! The quality, imho, has actually gone downhill in the past little while. Ah, growing pains...

Dill

Reaction score
Another testament to their popularity: I was at Azeala in SF the other day and they had a waiting list for the shipment of Rescues and New Standards they just got in. They expected to sell them all in about a week.

Metal Circus

Reaction score
arggghhh...they really are sold out. I ordered some sneakers two weeks ago (the wrong color), exchanged them, and today saw that they refunded my money!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 278 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40