• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

APC sale...not much left though

Metal Circus

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
If you've got tiny feet, you might snag some tennis shoes. If you're a 35 or 36, there might be some of those grey jeans left too.
 

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Moderator
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
48,027
Reaction score
22,495
Yeah, it sort of sucks for bargain hunting when a brand that you really like becomes really popular like this. Only a couple of years ago, you could wait weeks into the sale and still get great stuff in pretty much any size. There is a early thread here about APC when people were going to www.apc.com, and getting really puzzled
Now everyone and their dog knows the brand and the website (The new standard jeans made about 20 appearances in the last GQ.) On the other hand, it's nice to see a good brand do well. I do wish that they would bring back the old Anglaise cut though. They were perfect (well, for my tastes, anyway.) The "Rescue", or "Man" Jean, or whatever they are calling it now, is really no substitute.
 

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2006
Messages
3,437
Reaction score
83
yeah, jeez was looking at the military shirt the other day...dammit!
 

GreyFlannelMan

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2004
Messages
824
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by LA Guy
(The new standard jeans made about 20 appearances in the last GQ.)

Yeah, I took note of that too. I immediately thought that APC's PR firm did a great job schmoozing somebody at GQ.

I believe the sale only just started on June 13.
 

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
8,764
Reaction score
6,878
Yeah, I checked in a few hours after they sent the email notice, and it was slim pickings already. It's like J. Crew sales, except they have the courtesy to put "sold out" on their color/size pulldown, so you don't get your hopes up
.
 

Dangydang

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2005
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
So I guess it's safe to assume that most of the stuff in the store would be out as well?
 

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2004
Messages
1,823
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by Dangydang
So I guess it's safe to assume that most of the stuff in the store would be out as well?
yeah, that's what i'm wondering. there was this amazing APC hooded cotton jacket in a tan color at the SF Rolo on Howard that isn't even on the APC site. i'd pick it up in a second if it was on sale. OK, just answered my own question. The Rolo is not having a sale on APC stuff right now. -Jeff
 

wttm

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
571
Reaction score
8
^^
I was going to pick that up at the store in the morning, then when I went back in the afternoon, they were sold out!

It was such a nice jacket!!!!!
 

tweedlesinpink

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
354
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Yeah, it sort of sucks for bargain hunting when a brand that you really like becomes really popular like this. Only a couple of years ago, you could wait weeks into the sale and still get great stuff in pretty much any size. There is a early thread here about APC when people were going to www.apc.com, and getting really puzzled
Now everyone and their dog knows the brand and the website (The new standard jeans made about 20 appearances in the last GQ.) On the other hand, it's nice to see a good brand do well.

I do wish that they would bring back the old Anglaise cut though. They were perfect (well, for my tastes, anyway.) The "Rescue", or "Man" Jean, or whatever they are calling it now, is really no substitute.



Actually i dunno i find their other non-jean stuff kind of decent but overpriced. And as far as their jeans go, i definitely love my new standards to bits but it's kind of a standard (well, duh) sort of thing, something you buy on the one-off and keep forever.
 

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Moderator
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
48,027
Reaction score
22,495
Originally Posted by tweedlesinpink
Actually i dunno i find their other non-jean stuff kind of decent but overpriced. And as far as their jeans go, i definitely love my new standards to bits but it's kind of a standard (well, duh) sort of thing, something you buy on the one-off and keep forever.

That's why the sales were great! The quality, imho, has actually gone downhill in the past little while. Ah, growing pains...
 

Dill

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
298
Reaction score
3
Another testament to their popularity: I was at Azeala in SF the other day and they had a waiting list for the shipment of Rescues and New Standards they just got in. They expected to sell them all in about a week.
 

Metal Circus

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
arggghhh...they really are sold out. I ordered some sneakers two weeks ago (the wrong color), exchanged them, and today saw that they refunded my money!
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

  • Disposable surgical mask

  • White cotton mask

  • Linen-lined mask

  • "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

  • Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

  • Solid color silk mask

  • "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

  • Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

  • Denim mask

  • Face shield


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
442,595
Messages
9,560,115
Members
199,985
Latest member
CVBCVDFSDFSDF
Top