• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APC Rescues Vs Crate Squire Vs. Nudie RRDS

EMoney77

Reaction score
So I am taking the plunge into raw denim.
Based on people's experiences what do you think i should purchase?
Does one bleed more than the other?

Thanks for all of your advise

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
crate

Kill_switch

Reaction score
mauro: speaking as another person ordering his first pair of raw denim, what are the advantages of route vs ns?

b-ill

Reaction score
Cheaper price wise and better quality

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I'm not Mauro, but I'll play:

- APC denim stretches like nothing else, so the fit off the rack is totally different from how the jeans fit you 4, 5 months down the road.

- Stretchy denim and vanity sizing (APC comes 1" larger than tagged to begin with) mean one usually has to size down (2 for NS, 3+ for Rescue). For beginners this creates illusion about their true waist size and makes sizing for their 2nd, 3rd etc. jeans tricky. On the other hand, sizing for Crate is very honest: true to size or you'll risk hurting your balls.

- Crate comes with all the minimalist styling cues APC has become known for

- Crate is simply higher quality (Mauro can attest to this) at a slightly lower price (after discount) than APC. More bang for your buck, so to speak.

EMoney77

Reaction score
How about the bleeding of crates vs. apc?
Also what is the difference in denim on the rescues vs. squires?

Kill_switch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Yes, wearing APCs helps improve subject/verb agreement. Those Macau sewers, man, I swear.
sorry i dont bother to check and recheck what i type when it doesnt matter.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EMoney77
How about the bleeding of crates vs. apc?

About the same. Somewhere in between the fast fading stuff (some Flathead, Uniqlo) and tough-as-nail-to-break-in (5EP, Ironheart).

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vote Crate. I have a pair of the Journals and absolutely love everything about them from the true to waist sizing, minimilistic styling, subtle details, fits, made in the US, and price point. I tried APC before, but just couldn't deal with the whole vanity sizing mathmatical equation you need to compute to figure out what size to get and how much to size down and the stretching like a prostitute's snatch characteristics, blah blah. Plus I'm not fond of having to sleep in my denim to achieve a fit I want and then might not even get.

Did I say I vote Crate?

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If only there were some sort of jean thread or search function. CURSE YOU FATE!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads