• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apc Rescue vs Straight sven

modual

Reaction score
Would like to know if theres much difference between these two. I think the rise on the sven is lower maybe ? I have the rescue and dont like a) the width at the knee which is very baggy on me b) i find them "too" straight . Is the sven like this as well ?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No comparison really, the Rescue is much looser and higher rise.

Babar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by modual
Would like to know if theres much difference between these two. I think the rise on the sven is lower maybe ? I have the rescue and dont like a) the width at the knee which is very baggy on me b) i find them "too" straight . Is the sven like this as well ?

That's what I don't like about the Rescue as well. The baggy knee is a problem with most raw denim jeans, but for some reason it's much more pronounced with the Rescue ime. If I were to pick again, I'd take the SSDS. The cut is just more flattering on a slim body type at least. My next pair will either be that, or the Even Steven.

chowchow

Reaction score

i hv a pair of straight sven
the width at the knee, i think, is quite baggy

modual

Reaction score
Thanks guys. How about comparing ralf and sven at the knee as well. My 30" waist ralf measures 8.5" across at the knee but my apc rescue in 29" waist measures 9" across. Does anyone have sven in a 30" waist that they could measure please ?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. How about comparing ralf and sven at the knee as well. My 30" waist ralf measures 8.5" across at the knee but my apc rescue in 29" waist measures 9" across. Does anyone have sven in a 30" waist that they could measure please ?

Mu Svens (size 30/32) measure just a smidge (maybe 0.1 to 0.2") under 8.5 across the knee and across the hem. The rescues have less of a gradient between the thigh and the knee than do the ss

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mu Svens (size 30/32) measure just a smidge (maybe 0.1 to 0.2") under 8.5 across the knee and across the hem. Both jeans are true straight legs. However, the rescues have less of a gradient between the thigh and the knee than do the Svens, and the Svens have a significantly lower rise (about 10" front rise) than the rescues (about 11"), or even the Ralphs (about 10.5" front rise.)

modual

Reaction score
Cheers La Guy. Seems the sven is a fair bit slimmer than Rescues so i'll go for them i think. La guy do you still wear your reg ralf now that you have the sven ? Which one do you prefer out of the sven and ralf

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the 30/32 Svens, what do you measure for the waist, back rise, and mid-thigh (about 6" down from the crotch)?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheers La Guy. Seems the sven is a fair bit slimmer than Rescues so i'll go for them i think. La guy do you still wear your reg ralf now that you have the sven ? Which one do you prefer out of the sven and ralf
I've been doing a lot of toning in the past year or so (dropping down to competition weight - 150 lbs, from 162, and going from 10% to about 7% body fat, so my waist has decreased from a true 32 to a true 30), and although I like my jeans looser than a lot of people here, my Ralphs (32/32) are now really too baggy. This, combined with the fact that I have also been going with a slightly more fitted silhouette recently, have meant that my Ralphs have been sidelined. I like the both cuts a lot. That said, given the choice between the two, I prefer the Svens, for 2 reasons: 1) The lower rise of the Svens is looks better on me; and 2) I wear lower profile shoes (Chucks, and Chuck variants like the "Premiere" all star I am wearing now, and Vans slip ons make up about 90% of my sneaker rotation) and the Svens tend to drag less at the hem.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
On the 30/32 Svens, what do you measure for the waist, back rise, and mid-thigh (about 6" down from the crotch)?

I am wearing my Svens right now, and really don't feel like taking them off to make measurements. It just seems wierd. Plus, I've worn them, and they have stretched a bit. Email Joey_formal at Denim Bar about this. He does this for a living.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I am wearing my Svens right now, and really don't feel like taking them off to make measurements. It just seems wierd. Plus, I've worn them, and they have stretched a bit. Email Joey_formal at Denim Bar about this. He does this for a living.

Sure, I'll email Joey. I was more interested in the post-stretching measurements, but he might be able to tell me.

There's nothing wrong or weird with taking your jeans off for another guy, on SF anyway.
wink.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Love my rescues than again I'm not a stick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads