1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

APC (Rescue cut)...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Anamoly, Sep 19, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Anamoly

Anamoly Senior Member

Looking to pick up a pair of these. However...

Can anyone explain what makes APCs so desirable. If you were their salesman how would you sell them?

2. poly800rock

poly800rock Distinguished Member

buy what you think is nice. why should i sell a product to you if you're the one spending the money and wearing it? [​IMG]

3. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Stylish Dinosaur

If I were selling APC's I'd refer people to Styleforum as justification since Styleforum is like the JD Power of high end denim.

4. Anamoly

Anamoly Senior Member

"buy what you think is nice. why should i sell a product to you if you're the one spending the money and wearing it?"

I think APCs are nice, thats why I want to buy them. I like the plain-ness of them, the economy of style. But what I was looking for was details -- Whys -- which separate them from something you'd buy at K-mart from a premium pair of denim.

The hard sell request was just a way to get that info from you guys. Why are they so great?

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Distinguished Member

First off, welcome...

From the top tens:
    6. APC New Standards. Yes, you knew I had to put these in. At $140, they have been making impressive jumps in pricing. However, despite the ridiculous price jumps, and their increasing ubiquity (for good reason), they are still the original (well, a slightly lower rise version of the original) raw denim jean. Although they weigh in at only 12 ounces, they wear like steel, and there is no mistaking either their unwashed color nor the slight purple tone they take on after having been washed, both very cool. Of course, if you phone Mauro at Denim Bar, he'll still ship them to you for just $120. Ask him about sizing instead of reading the APC sizing thread. He loves that
    7. APC New Standards / Rescues - Of course they had to come on here. Despite problems with ridiculous sizing, these jeans still sit on the throne for entry-level unwashed denim. The fits are basic and democratic, and the lack of embellishment makes them attractive to a lot of people who don't feel comfortable with fancy pocket stitching or extra rivets. The main difference between the two is that the Standards are slightly tapered, have a slightly lower rise and are a little bit slimmer, while the Rescues are straight-leg (don't believe the lies, they do NOT have a bootcut). They're both $140 right now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Anamoly

Anamoly Senior Member