• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APC price increase??

Danzar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by steviecakes
damn. anyone know a good alternative to black petit standards? i remember paying 155. 185 is downright outrageous when there's brands like 3sixteen and the like

+1, i mean saying its outrageous is a bit of an exaggeration lol. do want nice black tapered jeans without buying more dior =[

Dangydang

Reaction score
Just a few years back they were only selling for $110-115. I bought my pair in 04 at Azalea for around that price. $185 is a total rip

transient

Reaction score
This sucks, I was going to get some new standards soon and be done with it. But now it looks like I gotta consider another sub $200 alternatives.

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
I would pin it on supply and demand / inflation.

On an aside, if you don't like the price increase, ever consider buying from another brand? I thought most of SF was cognizant of voting with their dollars. APC used to be entry level a few years ago, but seems like they've fallen out of favor. I wasn't too impressed with their quality when I tried on their NS' at a store, so bought something else instead.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sancho Panzo Christ
does this mean they improved teh quality?
I highly doubt it. I would guess it is more likely due to inflation, the falling dollar, rising cotton prices, or some combination of all three.
Originally Posted by whatever123
**** ... apc's are a steal even at $275.
Is that a dig at ROY?
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
I would pin it on supply and demand / inflation. On an aside, if you don't like the price increase, ever consider buying from another brand? I thought most of SF was cognizant of voting with their dollars. APC used to be entry level a few years ago, but seems like they've fallen out of favor. I wasn't too impressed with their quality when I tried on their NS' at a store, so bought something else instead.
APC is still entry level quality, but their prices are getting high for entry level, IMO.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
I own one pair of APC jeans, bought them in 1997 for $105 (full price), they're made of gray selvedge denim with a bright orange selvedge ID.

Thats rly cool, you should post some pics!

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rhett.gay.edu.gov.jp
Thats rly cool, you should post some pics!

I swear i just spent searching the Sufu APC thread for the past 10 minutes looking for my photos but i can't find it because the search function there barely works. I might have even posted them on Styleforum but i can't find that post either.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The increases price is most likely due to the euro going belly up and ******* up the exchange rate or someone at apc is a greedy bastard

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Love my apcs and ten bucks isn't going to stop me from copping even though I get them for free
lol8[1].gif

Went through the *** repro denim phase **** just doesn't look good. I'd probably pay 200 for new standards. They used to be $105 12 years ago.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Love my apcs and ten bucks isn't going to stop me from copping even though I get them for free
lol8[1].gif

Went through the *** repro denim phase **** just doesn't look good. I'd probably pay 200 for new standards. They used to be $105 12 years ago.

Some labels are getting good at making **** with awesome denim and cuts that don't blow. Not "repro" but you know what i mean

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
Is that a dig at ROY?
no, not at all ... just a joke in general. people: left field has a great option at $165 using cone selvage that is made in the states and the rogues territory 'steve' at $165 also using cone denim and made in the states so you do have some great alternatives at the old apc price that are better options. it is unlikely they changed the quality of the new apc although i dont know for sure.

jenkinslaw

Reaction score
Bought my NS's 3 years ago at $145, which was still a relative bargain. Much better options at $185 price point such as left field, crate, 3sixteen, rogue territory, etc. IMO this is APC getting greedy with their heightened popularity. Too bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads