• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APC New standards stretching

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Here's the situation; I just received some new standards size 27 (the real waist measurement is 28) and I normaly wear size 30. Right now the waist is REALLY tight and uncomfortable and even the legs seem kinda tighter then I would expect. Now this isn't alarming since I know the jeans will stretch (I don't intend to machine wash them so they shouldn't stretch back too much, am I right?). The basic questions I'm asking is will the waist stretch 2 inches (calling all you new standards owner here...) cause :

1)If they'll stretch 2 inches I'll keep them
2)If they'll stretch less then that I'll return them

Oh and I'll join the APC praise: These are my third pair of APC pants (got dress pants and cords) and I'm still impressed by the high quality of the product. My other pants were made in France and priced significantly higher but I didn't see any obvious quality drop on the made in tunesia new standards. I guess the only gripe I have agains't APC is their ridiculously high priced DIY style t-shirts.

I posted something similar on superfuture and did get a lot of interesting answers but nobody told me how much they stretched so here you go....

Geowu

Reaction score
my answer here:

Although I'm pretty sure they will stretch 2" in the waist, the rest of the jeans, most importantly the legs won't stretch much, so I highly recommend you to get a size up. Good luck

Brian SD

Reaction score
my answer here:

Although I'm pretty sure they will stretch 2" in the waist, the rest of the jeans, most importantly the legs won't stretch much, so I highly recommend you to get a size up. Good luck
I don't personally think that they'll stretch up to two inches - that's a LOT of stretching. Mine stretched maybe 0.5-0.75" in the waist. You'll be happier in the end if you just go up a size.

Geowu

Reaction score
it's just because my 30's measure something like 35"

Brian SD

Reaction score
Gross. That's *way* off. It's cool that you got the right size, though. Did they stretch 2" or did they come 35"?

Geowu

Reaction score
just measured after, so I don't know... crazy

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
that's insane discrepancy

my APC 33's are 34 which is within the realm of reasonable off-ness

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads