• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APC New Standards - maintaining the length

occupant

Reaction score
I got a pair of APC new standards a couple of months ago as my first pair of "nice" jeans. They're awesome, but I'm worried about what I'm going to do when it comes time to wash them. I'm a tall guy, but I thought a 36" inseam would be okay since I wear a 34" in pre-washed jeans. I hadn't counted on the NS inseam starting behind my testicles though. They're pretty much perfect at the current length; I could tolerate losing an inch maybe, but not two. I've read references that you can retain most of the length if you stretch them while wet, and I was just wondering if anyone could share their experiences of how they stretched them and how much length you got in the end.

thanks,
occ

raley

Reaction score
I got mine hemmed and after the first wash they didn't appreciably change in inseam. I didn't dry them though, so keep that in mind. I wouldn't worry about it - and if you think there will be a problem then stretching them will deifnitely retain the length for you.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
After you soak or wash them, DO NOT put them in the dryer. As they're wet, step on the waist and pull each leg. Just hang then up to dry with those little clip things. You can repeat this while wet later in the hang drying process. It does work, so hopefully that'll help you.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Yeah, I've done this with my Nudies, which are less stretchy than APCs, so I imagine it should work perfectly fine with APCs. You could probably get some extra length out of them, even. I've also not found my APCs to shrink much at all in length, even after a hot wash. So I say wash cold, hang dry, stretch out the legs, and you should be good to go.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aren't the inseams 34 inches now?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They are 36-37" new. I stretch mine every time I wash them. They seem to stay pretty constant.

Babar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ruben
aren't the inseams 34 inches now?

The inseam on my 30 NS was 34, but I think they use longer inseams from 31 and up.

Stax

Reaction score
you can dry clean them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics