• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Apc Jeans Not To Be Discounted

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
today APC asked me not to discount any APC jeans ever and that NO OTHER retailer may do the same. I respect their wishes and will stop today.

ALL RAW APC DENIM is 155.00

I will provide ANYONE who buys free shipping ( THAT MEANS ANYONE SO DON'T ASK).
I will also give a nice special gift as well.

Sorry guys. loose lips sink ships.

If you have any questions pm or email emily or I.
Best,
mauro

FredSelvage

Reaction score
I know you guys are heartbroken. We're very sorry!

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I suppose you could implement a prograssive cash-back system on all purchases over a certain dollar amount rather than a percentage discount applicable to all jean purchases in order to get around these requests (was it KMW that also couldn't be discounted?) but I suppose that would be left to your judgment as to whether that would constitute disrespect of the APC peoples' wishes. Either way, 155 dollars is still not that much to pay for jeans.

EDIT: Actually free shipping might actually be even better for some of us.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
damn lol
it would have been nice if Mauro ever did that.

FTFY

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Either way, 155 dollars is still not that much to pay for jeans.

You know, I literally laughed out loud at this.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that is so lame. i was just about to buy another pair of New standards too.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
I'm more than willing to drop 150 on a new pair if they're exactly what I'm looking for. Where are you getting yours for so cheap?

Sorry, my post must have came off wrong.

What I meant was that it's amusing how SF views clothes vs. the rest of the population. Just yesterday I was sitting out in the hallways talking about jeans how and one person said "I have never spent more than $20 on jeans" and how "[x] brand is really expensive, they cost like $90!".

And here are Styleforum we are saying that $155 for jeans is "not that much". I guess I laughed because I found myself agreeing with that statement.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Well yeah, it always pains me to hear people talk abotu that kind of thing; it seems like there's a large segment of the population, predominantly male, who think that no article of clothing that isn't a suit should be over 30 dollars, and suits should be 2 for $300. It pains me partly because of how narrowing that perspective is, and partly because I can't remember the last time I paid less than 30 dollars for any useful article of clothing.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One good thing I see out of this: Naked & Famous, Good Society, and especially Crate, available with discounts via forum affiliates, suddenly become a whole lot more attractive. And hopefully, more popular.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
One good thing I see out of this: Naked & Famous, Good Society, and especially Crate, available with discounts via forum affiliates, suddenly become a whole lot more attractive. And hopefully, more popular.
Separated at birth? Seriously, I hope this breaks people out of the cycle a bit and forces them to see what other jeans the affiliates have to offer. Mauro does sell more than APC these days...

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good Society denim sucks donkey dick, but Crate on the other hand is the bees knees...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 241 32.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.7%
  • 31 - 40