• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APC Denim Sizing question

ieatsleepstyle

Reaction score
Greetings SF!

I apologies in advance if this seems like another raw denim post, however I am posting this based on much research.

I have read through many many threads based on specific apc raw denim. However, after trying on a few at the store, along with online research I still can not find a solid answer.

My question is simple. For someone who is slim (6ft 1, 160 pounds) but has a decent build (haha) would the APC petit standard, or petit new standard fit better? I like the idea that petit new standard has a top block so that it has more room up top (since i squat and need some more room up top), but I also like the idea of the petit standard where its slim all throughout. It states that the petit standard is the skinniest of them all, and normally I wear slim fit jeans. Not skin tight, but not baggy either. When I tried them both on, they both equally felt tight.

Im normally a size 31 in jeans like joe jeans, 7 for all mankind, etc.. So I'm currently thinking of petit standard size 29.
Do you believe it will be a decent fit on me?

Perhaps someone of similar build can guide me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance SF!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads