Apartment foo-nishing

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by mafoofan, Jun 16, 2013.

1. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

You're so painfully obvious.

I am baffled that your schtick impresses some people I actually respect. I'd like to think that rote snobbery masking idiocy wouldn't get confused for taste so easily.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013

2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

I don't know why StephenHero chimed into this threak to just be hateful.

3. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Senior member

This thread smells of trolling. I know we know Foo, but the whole silly questions and not caring about/fighting the answers thing fits the mold... It's like you are being trolled by one of your own.

4. mafoofan

Jeezus. You are completely wrong about me, but this thread is indeed filled with trolls. Are you trying to get in on the action?

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Drinking, having bad taste, and annoying tortured souls.

6. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Foo, you seem incapable of realizing that all you're doing is senselessly micromanaging a bunch of obnoxious shit you bought out of a catalog, hoping it can overcome the glaring sterility of the domestic showroom you feel obligated to maintain for third parties. There isn't a single object in there that indicates you or your living habits have an introspective quality to them at all, which is a requisite form of individualism that without having, makes your whole living room an utterly meaningless scrap heap of bubbled-wrapped vanity. You're playing a game that others like Matt and Labelking can succeed at, largely because they posses a humor and self-awareness about the absurdities of accumulating obnoxious things that still escapes you as you photoshop coffee table books into your floor plan without any sort of irony or personalized distinction. If you can't find a joke to tell through all this, you'll simply be it.

7. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Please be assured that I am monitoring this thread carefully from my remote abode amongst the orientals.

8. aizan

aizan Senior member

what has already been ordered?

i love scifi, but space age furniture doesn't do it for me.

9. archetypal_yuppie

You tend to say something along the lines of "I'm going to do this, but want to open it up for discussion anyway," and then quarrel with people who try to add something to the topic or criticize, emphatically defend your initial assertion as great and unimpeachable, and then get pissed at people who take positions different from your own. In thread after thread after thread. If you convictions are so strong and you're so generally unwilling to work with the input the people give in these threads (I take this stance empirically), then why do you bother? To get a rise out of people, and to enjoy the fray? Hence, troll.

10. StephenHero

Foo, your supper is waiting.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

11. mafoofan

Even if that is my failure, it is far easier to stomach than yours.

You see, at the worst, I wind up with an ugly living room. But what about you? Jeezus, it makes me actually feel sorry for you--to live everyday of your life knowing you are neither as intelligent nor as talented as you wished you were, unable to actually convince anybody of anything under even the lightest scrutiny. What are you? A failed architect? Worse? An architectural student that didn't get good enough grades? No, if i had to guess, what you attempted to do with your life was such an utter failure that you cannot bear to talk about it anymore. Instead, you've resorted to a secondary interest. Perhaps one where the peers who sneered at you in your chosen field will be less likely to come across your vapid ramblings and cheap bravado. I wonder, does it pain you under all the miserable sneering to realize of yourself, even here, you truly are nothing but a mediocrity? A lightweight? Or have you sufficiently numbed yourself? Do you actually believe your pretense--that you have taste? Yes or no, I'm not sure which would be the worse fate to suffer. Condolences.

12. StephenHero

:laugh:

13. StephenHero

Well, evidenced by the fact that nobody gives a shit about foo's stupid living room, one might as well salvage the opportunity to mock the egotistical audacity of his belief that people should give a shit about his stupid living room.

14. archetypal_yuppie

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

You guys need to not hate on each other, and enjoy what people bring to the table, be it Saarinen or Target.