• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apartment foo-nishing

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
The last time I saw foodguy was here:

really? aside from gay marriage, which is something lots of folks have changed on in the last four years, remind me ... and does it really seem to you that romney and obama are in the same league when it comes to etch-a-sketch?

Well then surely you found his character in question when he went from being against capital punishment in 1996 to ordering assassinations of Americans in 2010. Or if not then, the time he decided to turn his opposition of the Patriot Act in 2004 into another moral pretzel when he extended the scope of its warrantless search and wiretapping capabilities in 2010. Or if not then, you probably drew the line in 2007 when he said he would eliminate earmarks as president before he doubled them his first year in office. Or maybe the time in 2004 when he said it was unconstitutional for the Executive branch to bypass Congress for use of military force in foreign nations, which he then decided didn't apply when he decided to drone people in Libya, Somalia, and Yemen without Congressional approval. Or maybe it was the time he was against the embargo against Cuba in 2004 before he decided he changed his mind when it became clear winning the Cuban vote in Florida would be advised for someone with Presidential aspirations.

Or maybe you ignored all that bullshit of his, because you were too busy supporting him for closing Guantanamo Bay.

hey one good thing out of all this! i've put my first person on "ignore"!

I don't know what I did to get off his block list, but I'm looking forward to more of him.

Last edited:

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Most philosophy books are bullshit too--because most philosophers are terrible and attempt to cover it up with aggressive verbiage. I suspect this is much the same in architecture.

It's essentially always true in literary theory and "legal" philosophy.

You mean like A Theory of Justice or Anarchy, State and Utopia?

I think the shag just intimidates you sexually.

A "shag rug" is one of the funniest Americanisms in British English. Particularly excellent here.

vernon sounds like FNB. Just sayin.

I was just thinking that this thread and the last few pages of the Architecture thread are the best threak on SF since FNB got banned.

It's a pity this gem is taking place out in the SF boondocks.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, if anybody can defeat the curious beauty of domestic spontaneity, you'd be the guy.

this

Wait till he discovers: Table-scaping on some ***** blog. He will loose years of his life contemplating cigarette cases and agate obelisks.

Last edited:

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
The good news is that I have two new plaques to hang on the Wall of Hate: Vernon's & Foo's.

The bad news is that I'm not sure where to hang them, so I'm gonna have to start a thread with elevation drawings to get ya'll's input. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You mean like A Theory of Justice or Anarchy, State and Utopia?

First, political philosophy is not the same as legal philosophy. Second, A Theory of Justice is terrible philosophy, whatever the sort.

Last edited:

vernonclark

Reaction score
Either stephenhero is a particularly shameless individual or he thinks most members here are stupid. I'm sure people will be interested to see what other things you can pretend to know about.

I've been having an interesting conversation with StephenHero through personal messaging--he seems to have this odd habit of suddenly trying to play the role of the adorable moron every time he is shown to be wrong.

Anyways, mixing up political philo for legal philo is very StephenHeroesque...More importantly, A theory of justice was good.

Last edited:

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score

Make sure you're around to see my living room drawings. If you don't vouch for your work's prime real estate on my wall, you might get booted off the spot above the sofa next to Fuuma's You're a ******* marsupial triptych.

Last edited:

vernonclark

Reaction score
Ahh, stephenhero...I don't think you understand the architecture that's in place when you are set on ignore (he can't read your posts)

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score

Ahh, stephenhero...I don't think you understand the architecture that's in place when you are set on ignore (he can't read your posts)

You're gonna have to work harder than this if you want to get your work out of the guest bathroom.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyways, mixing up political philo for legal philo is very StephenHeroesque...More importantly, A theory of justice was good.

You remind me of my car mechanic, he is very proud of the fact that he knows German names of every little part in internal combustion engine, it makes him feel learned.

vernonclark

Reaction score
But why does he need to know the names in German? Mistaking political and legal philosophy would be like mistaking a piston for the the exhaust.

If I knew someone who makes terrible comparisons, then I might associate that person with you.

(BTW, knowing all the parts of the internal combustion engine and, presumably, properly understanding how it works is not something to be giggled at. If I knew the IC engine that well, I'd be pleased with myself as well. Medwed, you might stupid, ask your doctor--there might be a medicine for that)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads