• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apartment Fire | Help WBaker Get His Groove Back

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@WBaker, would any of this be useful to you?

View attachment 1538143

Shirts

I think most of these are spring/ summer shirts, but you know, spring/ summer will come around.
  1. Short-sleeved seersucker shirt from Uniqlo x Lemaire, size L (this is actually something I got from Parker)
  2. Short-sleeved Margiela shirt with arabesque print, size 15.5)
  3. Long-sleeved Brooks Brothers Black Fleece leaf-print shirt, size BB2 (also something I got from Parker)
  4. Long-sleeved Spier & Mackay oxford button-down, size 16.5
I'm slightly smaller than you. I normally wear a size XS or S. The shirts I got from Parker are a little too large for me, so they might work for a true medium. I would say the others fit me well and could work for someone between a small and medium.

View attachment 1538152
View attachment 1538153

Pants

I normally wear a size 30 for pants, so I struggled to find something that would work. I can dig through my closet again, but one option is Stan Ray pants (new and unworn). Stan Ray is a workwear manufacturer based in Texas. Both of these pants are all cotton and labeled a size 32.

I think they actually work better for someone who's a size 30, but my first experience with Stan Ray was actually a size 30 pant, which ran a little too small. However, it stretched out comfortably in the waist after one or two hours. I think these can work for a true size 32. The leg is roomy-ish compared to slim-fit clothing nowadays, but I think works well in workwear outfits (I know that's not your bag, but I couldn't find any pants in my wardrobe that I thought stylistically could work and is in your size).

The pants still have labels on them (that's the white tag you see above), but they can be cut off.

View attachment 1538155 View attachment 1538154

Knitwear

Again, I normally wear a size XS or S, but these might work for you? Some options:
  1. Melinda Gloss wool-alpaca cardigan, size L (again, something I got from Parker, so comes with approval from one of the best-dressed guys on here)
  2. Stephan Schneider heavy cotton cardigan with hood, size 3
  3. Inis Meain chunky textured knit, size S (but slightly roomy and could work for someone between a size small and medium)
  4. Black 3sixteen cotton thermal, size M

View attachment 1538160

Here's a fit pic of Kyle in the same Schenider cardigan. I don't think it's really a winter piece, but more of a fall/ spring piece for transitional weather. I also thought maybe it would be a comfy thing to wear in your new home, layered over a t-shirt as Kyle has above. Sort of like a shawl collar cardigan for a guy who likes Margiela, Geller, and Schneider. Maybe something you can also wear around the neighborhood.

View attachment 1538162

The chunky Inis Meain sweater is more of a winter layering garment, I think. The 3sixteen thermal can also be a baselayer. It's a bit too big for me, but I think for someone who's a true size medium, it would fit like the picture above. I know workwear isn't your thing, but I thought maybe it could be useful for winter.

View attachment 1538168
View attachment 1538167

Basics

These are not fancy or covetable by any means, but I thought maybe they would be useful. Just basics: Anonymous Ism marled cotton socks and some textured, white Uniqlo t-shirts. The t-shirts have a slight waffle texture. Everything here is still in its original packaging and completely unworn.

The t-shirts are a size small, but they're a slightly oversized, boxy fit. Kind of like a skater tee. Again, I know that's not really your bag, but thought maybe these are things you can wear at home. The socks are one size fits all and should go with any outfit.

View attachment 1538169

Accessories

And how about some things to keep you warm for winter? I have three scarves here and a pair of Red Wing gloves. The scarves are unworn. In the photo above, going from burgundy to tan, they're ordered on levels of softness. I think all three are soft, but the burgundy is much softer than the tan. I can't remember the size of the gloves, but they're basically unworn. The leather is a heavier workwear style and unlined.

View attachment 1538170

"Hello Pen Friends"

I know we both share an interest in fountain pens. This stuff will not keep you warm, but I figured maybe it can occupy your mind while you're at home. I'm happy to send along a Lamy 2000 and a Rhodia dot pad. I would offer ink, but since I may be shipping clothes to you, I thought maybe that would be a bad idea. However, if you're not taking any clothes, I'd be happy to take a photo of some ink I have here and send that along. The Lamy 2000 is in perfect working condition. I may also have the original case here somewhere, if that's important to you.

Wow! With awesome stuff like this being donated, I might set my own apartment on fire. ?

Great stuff @dieworkwear and everyone else!

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@dieworkwear this is too incredibly kind. I'm a bit choked up. I'll write you a message.

Funny thing I haven't really thought about my pen collection, compartmentalizing I guess. This is an incredibly generous offer.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@dieworkwear this is too incredibly kind. I'm a bit choked up. I'll write you a message.

Funny thing I haven't really thought about my pen collection, compartmentalizing I guess. This is an incredibly generous offer.

Once you get a new apartment, I'm happy to comb through my apartment to find other things, if they may be of use. Cups, plates, etc. I also have an extra WiFi router here. If you get a running list of things that would be useful in your new home, I'd be happy to see if I have extras at my place. Maybe that can cut down on some of the costs.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been keeping track of apartment supply offers. I am hoping to find a place that's already furnished, but if I can't then I will reach out to those who have offered. For bigger home goods I'd like to workout covering shipping myself.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few packages have already turned up and aside from being incredibly useful have distracted me in a lovely way. I'm so greatful, and excited to post fit pics showing off the wardrobe you all helped me rebuild. Much love,
Ian

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No Man Walks alone has done something so above and beyond I'm at a loss for words. I wasn't expecting to be loving my wardrobe so quickly. It's only been a week and the response I've gotten from folks has me excited to get dressed in the morning. @gdl203 @conceptual 4est
Thank you NMWA. I feel like myself again.

Doppiaa
IMG_20210120_134427.jpg

Minotaur
IMG_20210120_135244.jpg

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Such great coats. I really like the Doppiaa in particular. Great color and shape!

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! With awesome stuff like this being donated, I might set my own apartment on fire. ?

Great stuff @dieworkwear and everyone else!

No Man Walks alone has done something so above and beyond I'm at a loss for words. I wasn't expecting to be loving my wardrobe so quickly. It's only been a week and the response I've gotten from folks has me excited to get dressed in the morning. @gdl203 @conceptual 4est
Thank you NMWA. I feel like myself again.

Doppiaa
View attachment 1539409

Document
View attachment 1539408

That does it. Now, where did I put those matches!?! ? ? ?

hennree

Reaction score

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to collectively thank everyone who helped me whether materially or with kind words.

I am so blown away by how quickly I've put together a wardrobe that excites me. I have fun thinking on how to combine the things I've been given.

At this time I would like to politely decline any further garments. I would feel guilty if I took more than I needed and it's already leaning in that direction.

I am so greatful and feel so loved. Thank you all ❤️

Expect some literal "dressed by the internet" fit pics soon.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha when I moved to NY my suitcase was 10 pounds over so I went through security in 3 ts, 3 dress shirts, 2 jackets and a coat. I nearly died of heat stroke

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads