• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apartment Fire | Help WBaker Get His Groove Back

hennree

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this @WBaker - I have a few geller items I can part with but most of them on the smaller end of a 46.

I do have this that might work in a 46? what size photographer do you normally take?

1610716978077.png

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Glad you're safe and sound @WBaker . Hope those cinnabon balls got you through the worst of it. Gonna DM you a few things I think will fit you and your style when I can take some photos later

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Today we mourn the loss of Many Jawns to the annals of sartorial history

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@WBaker got some stuff to offer:

Two black Merz 70s v necks. These guys from NMWA. Tagged size 7. Not sure what size that is, but they fit pretty slim and I'm generally a M in a lot of things. There used to be three. Not sure where the third one is. Probably seeing Kraftwerk at Dance Centrum in Stuttgart.

1610723897188.png

Plus a sand colored Uniform/LA pull over hoodie. Sort of like this but a different color. This is size M.
1610724081784.png

And then a cotton Avanti Hawaiian shirt in M, like this one:
1610724225960.png

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, that is terrible @WBaker but I'm glad you're safe. I've got smaller feet but I'll see if I have any small/medium tops to send your way. I might have some 32s as well.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Wow that was a scary headline to read

@WBaker is one of the realest and nicest posters I’ve had the pleasure to meet on this site. If someone sets up a go fund me please link me. Ive sold you plenty of stuff to you Ian so I have your address I’ll see what kind of Margiela knits I have in storage bro. As long as you are safe that’s all that matters

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@WBaker some Lemaire wool trousers too. Size 50, but fits like a 48 at the biggest. Waist measures about 32 inches. I'd need to get them let out to wear them and I've never done...

They're pleated front, straight/wide leg, and rust colored.

They need a good home!

Friend

Reaction score
That's such a ****** situation, but glad you're OK. I think we overlap a little in clothing size, and I have a rag & bone parka with removable liner/fur hood I was planning to send over to LuxeSwap that's a roomy S, if you're interested. It's not super heavy, but good for layering and wet days. Also a Brooklyn Tailors red flannel buttondown in S but it fits on the slimmer side.

I see from your gofundme we're both in Brooklyn, so if it happens to be of interest to you for rebuilding your living space, I have a 5x8 Missoni rug that I love and just had cleaned but doesn't really work in my new apartment, as well as a slim CB2 standing/wall mirror. Also a couple mid-grade Japanese chef's knives I no longer use if you cook much.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow that was a scary headline to read

@WBaker is one of the realest and nicest posters I’ve had the pleasure to meet on this site. If someone sets up a go fund me please link me. Ive sold you plenty of stuff to you Ian so I have your address I’ll see what kind of Margiela knits I have in storage bro. As long as you are safe that’s all that matters

:)

true.to.size

Reaction score
To echo Friend re: apartment/cooking stuff... I've got some spare, barely used coffee things (french press, bonavita immersion brewer) and a lodge cast iron grill pan that have been gathering dust recently if any of that interests you once you get settled at a new place.

ICDK

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster. Sorry to hear about your apartment but im glad you're safe. Ive got the following geller items i could donate:
ss14 green beige knit dip dye 48
aw 2015 blue cotton tencel long flannel 48
ss2017 floral cupro shirt 44 (oversized)
2017 aw pleated trousers 48

Let me know if you're interested.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster. Sorry to hear about your apartment but im glad you're safe. Ive got the following geller items i could donate:
ss14 green beige knit dip dye 48
aw 2015 blue cotton tencel long flannel 48
ss2017 floral cupro shirt 44 (oversized)
2017 aw pleated trousers 48

Let me know if you're interested.

Wow that's super kind of you. Welcome, hope you stick around the community!

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well , as long as you have life and good friends then you can always recover and recover stronger.

we all need each other.
I’ll organize a small ZFactorie package for you. I’ll update you early next week and you can send me your shipping address.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@WBaker would donating apartment/cooking stuff also be helpful? I'm wondering if I have anything that might be useful. Or is this something that would be better addressed once you get a new home?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads