Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Apartment/condo dwellers - how big is your pad and how many bedrooms do you have?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by merkur, Jun 20, 2010.

1. videocrew

videocrew Senior member

[​IMG]
    Moving here in August. 545 sqft.

2. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Mike Tyson's old house in CT is for sale. It has a dance club, among other things. Probably needs a full STD fumigation before a new buyer moves in.

I thought Curtis Jackson owned that house.

3. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

1100 square feet town home, 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath, included efficiency washer dryer and microwave, 960 all bills paid (was 935 first year). Only 10 miles to the center of Downtown Houston.

That sounds pretty sweet imo.

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I thought Curtis Jackson owned that house.

It's for sale.

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

It's not necessarily all for kids. When your kids have kids of their own, it's nice to have rooms for grandkids. Plus, when you have a $30 million apartment, chances are you have live-in staff, want to be able to entertain house guests, etc. Having 8 bedrooms doesn't necessary mean you have 7 kids. It just means you are ready for any eventuality.

Ouch, $30 mill for that sq footage? Reminds me why I'm just a medium timer in a medium sized pond.

6. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

about 3500 sqft, 2 bedrooms.

God damn, and in SF.

7. R-H

R-H Senior member

600 sq ft, 1 bedroom

8. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

[​IMG]

just kidding

I'd like to have a dressing room... actually, make that two - one for the morning, and one for the evening. [​IMG]

9. onion

onion Senior member

My condo is 1050 sqft, and is 2 bedroom, 2 bath.

10. javyn

javyn Senior member

That sounds pretty sweet imo.
    Yeah what keeps the price low is that I'm in Mexican town. But it's awesome, taquerias and Mexican bakeries abound. Great place if you don't fear brown people. I love it. I really like the layout too, my complex was built in the 60s and renovated in the 90s I believe. It is nice. Full of cobblestone courtyards, old street lights, etc. Very well kept, and like stepping back in time when I walk around the complex. edit: I shouldn't really use the word "Mexican", I think the majority of Hispanics in the Gulfton area are El Salvadorian.

11. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Ouch, $30 mill for that sq footage? Reminds me why I'm just a medium timer in a medium sized pond.

$30m, plus $30,000 a month maintenance. [​IMG]

12. Piobaire

$30m, plus $30,000 a month maintenance. [​IMG]

The cost of entry to being a big timer is big.

13. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

The cost of entry to being a big timer is big.

Have you looked at property taxes in Long Island or Northern NJ? 20k+ for $1m homes. At 5.5% for a 800k jumbo mortgage, the mortgage is 5-6k but the taxes are almost 2k... per month!!!!

14. Piobaire

Have you looked at property taxes in Long Island or Northern NJ? 20k+ for $1m homes. At 5.5% for a 800k jumbo mortgage, the mortgage is 5-6k but the taxes are almost 2k... per month!!!!
    That's not outrageous, is it? 2% of value? It's roughly 1% where I live, so 10k on $1 mil and I live in the boonies.

15. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Yeah what keeps the price low is that I'm in Mexican town. But it's awesome, taquerias and Mexican bakeries abound. Great place if you don't fear brown people. I love it.

I really like the layout too, my complex was built in the 60s and renovated in the 90s I believe. It is nice. Full of cobblestone courtyards, old street lights, etc. Very well kept, and like stepping back in time when I walk around the complex.

edit: I shouldn't really use the word "Mexican", I think the majority of Hispanics in the Gulfton area are El Salvadorian.

I work at a Mexican restaurant. I love Mexicans, although I think only one of them is actually Mexican. The rest are PR/Venezuela/Brasil. But whatever. They're all Mexicans to me. And I'm pinche gringo to them. It's a very healthy relationship. Recently they have taken to calling me "chuleta de cerdo loca" which basically means "the crazy porkchop." We have fun.