1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Apartment/condo dwellers - how big is your pad and how many bedrooms do you have?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by merkur, Jun 20, 2010.

1. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

yes. I am calling you out, small-timer. [​IMG]

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Pet peeve of mine. It's like you hit a certain sq. footage and you're suddenly supposed to be Mormon.

It's not necessarily all for kids. When your kids have kids of their own, it's nice to have rooms for grandkids. Plus, when you have a $30 million apartment, chances are you have live-in staff, want to be able to entertain house guests, etc. Having 8 bedrooms doesn't necessary mean you have 7 kids. It just means you are ready for any eventuality.

3. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Having 8 bedrooms doesn't necessary mean you have 7 kids. It just means you are ready for any eventuality.

Kind of like for Tiger Woods?

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Kind of like for Tiger Woods?

Mike Tyson's old house in CT is for sale. It has a dance club, among other things. Probably needs a full STD fumigation before a new buyer moves in.

5. ama

ama Senior member

2 bedrooms/2500+ sq feet

6. nicad2000

nicad2000 Senior member

Moving into my new 890 sqft. 1 bed/1 bath apartment next week

7. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

8. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Senior member

3 + 3, +/- 1800 s.f. Downstairs bathroom is toilet and shower, the upstairs is toilet and tub/shower combo, and the master bath has a toilet room, walk-in shower, and separate soaking tub. I've had guests use the downstairs shower, but other than the inspector when I bought the place, no one's ever turned on the shower or tub in the second bathroom.

9. javyn

javyn Senior member

1100 square feet town home, 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath, included efficiency washer dryer and microwave, 960 all bills paid (was 935 first year). Only 10 miles to the center of Downtown Houston.

10. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I rent a condo unit from the owner. It probably 650-750 sq feet. 1 br, 1ba, kitchen and living/dining room.

11. videocrew

videocrew Senior member

[​IMG]
    Moving here in August. 545 sqft.

12. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

Mike Tyson's old house in CT is for sale. It has a dance club, among other things. Probably needs a full STD fumigation before a new buyer moves in.

I thought Curtis Jackson owned that house.

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

1100 square feet town home, 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath, included efficiency washer dryer and microwave, 960 all bills paid (was 935 first year). Only 10 miles to the center of Downtown Houston.

That sounds pretty sweet imo.

14. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I thought Curtis Jackson owned that house.

It's for sale.

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

It's not necessarily all for kids. When your kids have kids of their own, it's nice to have rooms for grandkids. Plus, when you have a $30 million apartment, chances are you have live-in staff, want to be able to entertain house guests, etc. Having 8 bedrooms doesn't necessary mean you have 7 kids. It just means you are ready for any eventuality.

Ouch, $30 mill for that sq footage? Reminds me why I'm just a medium timer in a medium sized pond.

16. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

about 3500 sqft, 2 bedrooms.

God damn, and in SF.

17. R-H

R-H Senior member

600 sq ft, 1 bedroom

18. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

[​IMG]

just kidding

I'd like to have a dressing room... actually, make that two - one for the morning, and one for the evening. [​IMG]

19. onion

onion Senior member

My condo is 1050 sqft, and is 2 bedroom, 2 bath.

20. javyn

javyn Senior member

That sounds pretty sweet imo.
    Yeah what keeps the price low is that I'm in Mexican town. But it's awesome, taquerias and Mexican bakeries abound. Great place if you don't fear brown people. I love it. I really like the layout too, my complex was built in the 60s and renovated in the 90s I believe. It is nice. Full of cobblestone courtyards, old street lights, etc. Very well kept, and like stepping back in time when I walk around the complex. edit: I shouldn't really use the word "Mexican", I think the majority of Hispanics in the Gulfton area are El Salvadorian.