• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anything I'm missing on Jantzen shirts?

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahbeijai
Toiletduck, love the no-existant collar look. How did you specify it with Ricky, did he have a readily available template for it?

I had to specify, but he should have an idea now

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by prozach1576
Hey Toiletduck, want to drop by and ask Ricky to make my order? The name is "Zach Shoup".
tounge.gif

haha alright I will remind him next time I pop by

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried the "horizontal" button holes shown on the Jantzen "new styles" page or whatever it's called. I'm not sure why but I'm really intrigued with the idea.

wpeters

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Faded501s
Has anyone ever tried the "horizontal" button holes shown on the Jantzen "new styles" page or whatever it's called.

I did, somewhat inadvertently.

I've ordered from Jantzen several times, and I always note "bottom button horizontal" on the web form. Several other posters do the same. This results in all the visible buttons cut vertically, and the bottom, unseen button cut horizontally. It cuts down on the halves of the shirt shifting vertically when worn.

On one single-shirt order, Jantzen apparently misread this instruction as a request for all buttons to be cut horizontally. The result was a white JKT fabric shirt with white-stitched, horizontal buttonholes.

It's a mildly unusual look. I like it, and it makes the shirt look slightly formal-shirt-ish to me, though I can't say why. I doubt that anyone else has noticed it. If they have, they've never commented.

If you went with contrast-colored button-holes, it would make the treatment much more pronounced.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads