• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone with non-selvage raw 5EP wash them yet?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If so, what was the shrinkage like?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please use the ask a question thread. You've been here way too long and do this way too often.

Either way, they are sanforized just like the other 5EP jeans. Hence, shrinkage is minimal...

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Please use the ask a question thread. You've been here way too long and do this way too often.

Either way, they are sanforized just like the other 5EP jeans. Hence, shrinkage is minimal...

Honestly, I find that thread sooooo worthless, if someone doesn't answer a question right away, it gets bumped down and never seen. And then when people do answer a question, it's often many posts later, after several other questions, and the whole thing becomes a huge cluster-****. I never even bother reading it, too much of a headache to follow.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
Honestly, I find that thread sooooo worthless, if someone doesn't answer a question right away, it gets bumped down and never seen. And then when people do answer a question, it's often many posts later, after several other questions, and the whole thing becomes a huge cluster-****. I never even bother reading it, too much of a headache to follow.

Yeah, we figured that out a long, long time ago.

choptreesv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP

gota agree with you here. i don't really find the small questions thread all that useful unless youre asking something that a lot of people can answer. kind of hard to find answers there to out of the ordinary questions.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the very minimum, you could have used one of the pre-existing 5EP threads.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pre existing 5 ep threads yes, but small questions no.

The small question thread will work only if the person looking at the thread ready to answer questions is knowledgeable about the topic. At least with a new thread or the 5EP thread there is more of a chance to target a knowledgeable person who is willing to answer. By using small question thread, you limit yourself to the people who look at that particular thread.

flyindarkness

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP

agreed.

Babar

Reaction score
Hopefully you'll post a detailed shrinkage report in a future thread!

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
The pre existing 5 ep threads yes, but small questions no.

The small question thread will work only if the person looking at the thread ready to answer questions is knowledgeable about the topic. At least with a new thread or the 5EP thread there is more of a chance to target a knowledgeable person who is willing to answer. By using small question thread, you limit yourself to the people who look at that particular thread.

When you have guys like Who and Drizz, who seem to know almost everything about every denim company, trolling that thread, it's not really a good excuse to say that the odds are against getting a decent answer. I've read through the last ~20 pages or so, and almost every question that I saw asked got answered within that page or the next one.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's great. It really is. Sometimes it takes 2 days though.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
That's great. It really is. Sometimes it takes 2 days though.

And that's unacceptable. Because, you know, we need to know about denim and clothes now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads