• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone with experience using mtailor.com?

americanninja

Reaction score
Just to clarify, I am referring to mtailor.com not moderntailor.com, as I think these are two separate companies.

I just placed an order on moderntailor.com, so looking forward to see how the shirt comes out. But while I was watching shark tank videos on youtube, a link for this guy pitching his company back in 2008 aired. Called mtailor.com. I checked out their website and it seems they are still in business.

The concept looks cool, basically the iphone app takes a 360 degree scan of your body and that's it. They then somehow calculate the dimensions for your body and make a tailored shirt. Apparently it's very accurate. On the show, they mentioned only 15% returns (and most were for slight modifications). So that says a lot I assume.

Anyone on here used them and had good results?

Just as a side note, my experience has been that tailors are complete rubbish at properly fitting me. I have no idea why. But what I found funny, was that even the moderntailor.com website, after you give it your height and weight, it plots out the recommended measurements each part of the shirt with a kind of heatmap slider bar. I have measured several of my shirts and come up with what I believe are the best measurements for each part of the shirt. What I found interesting, was the Moderntailor's recommended measurements were almost 95% spot on to what I would have told them to use. All from me just putting in my weight and height. A software did that from two pieces of information, and the resulting shirt would have been better fitting than 100% of the shirts I have received from tailors thus far at the 1st and 2nd fitting. Anyway, I didn't notice that feature on the moderntailor.com website in the past. It's pretty cool, so thought I would share.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why not try a bricks and mortar shop rather than the on-line lottery?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads