• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone wearing swedish brands?

cultpop 0217

I, Manface
Reaction score
a few pairs of julian reds, a pair of cheap modays, and of course h&m yo
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

crush

Reaction score
i own pieces of nudie, cheap monday, h&m;
the swedish fashion scene has grown considerably in the last years, imo and i see quite a few pieces around here
fing02[1].gif

americanswede

Reaction score
This is kind of cool imo. I mean that a little place like Sweden can come up with clothing that will be worn all over the world. I´ve always thought of Sweden as a place noone has never heard of, or confuses us with Switzerland!
Keep it stylish!

crush

Reaction score
^^
and there`s quite a music scene too!
sverige knows where it`s at!

Hugo

Reaction score
I'd recommend Hope, Whyred, the Local Firm, Nakkna (to some extent), Fillipa K, Nudie, JLindberg and Julian Red.

Forgott Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair, Acne and Denim Deamon...

americanswede

Reaction score
I enjoy the Cheap Monday, J Lindeberg, Nudie and Acne ones the best. Never tried the Julian Red, but people keep saying they´re a perfect fit and a nice substitute for the Acne ones. So maybe I´ll have to get a pair of those ones next time it´s jeans shopping time.
Would you say that the quality (of sw. jeans) is better or worse then some of the popular name/mall brands that´s all popular, like D&G, 7even, TR or Armani´s.

Just realized that all my questions might seem like I´m performing a market poll, mostly I´d say I´m curious but also because I have some friends in SoCal that haven´t understood the sw. jeans thing. And I figured I´d bring them some jeans when moving there since they´re nowhere close to $250 here.

Hugo

Reaction score
I'd say that sweden have got a proud tradition of Jeans-craftsmanship. Acne, Julian Red and Denim Deamon represent this. Cheap Monday is ****-quality but cheap, personally I love Julian Red. Great quality and interesting/odd jeans. Acne is pretty much your standard jeans supplier and the most popular one, great quality on their raw jeans.

HATORI HANZO

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
near bloomingdale/shaw area. literally less than a block away from north capitol st., maybe less than 10 blocks from chinatown.

You live near Howard University? My father runs the oral surgery department in the dental school there.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have a j. lindeberg shirt, and j.lindeberg trousers and i love them both...
swedish stuff much higher quality than that mall brand crap

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads