• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone watch West Wing last night?

tdial

Reaction score
Does anyone here watch the West Wing? Well, two things happened last night. First, Leo McGarry, who is always dressed very well, might have died. He always had terrific DB suits with a very colorful pocket square.

Second, the "Israeli PM" was on the show last night. Did anyone see the DB suit he had on at the end of the show when he was leaving Camp David? I have never been that big a fan of DB suits, but this suit on him looked awesome. It was charcoal grey with white or light blue pinstripes, tapered at the waist, and a very natural shoulder. He had a plain white pocket square with a straight Presidential fold. It really did look great. I might have to buy a DB suit someday just because of the way this guy wore his. Sadly, I can't remember what shirt and tie combination he had on, but it didn't matter (probably white tie and some sort of blue or red tie).

I'll see if I can find a picture on the internets.

BlvdDandy

Reaction score
How could you be watching the West Wing and not the Red Sox?

I am actually an avid West Wing viewer, but my priorities were elsewhere last night. I too had never been much of a DB fan, but you should check out the suit A. Harris is wearing in his picture on the "HOF: members pictrures" thread (I think he's on page 3). It really made a convert of me, but I'm still not convinced everyone can do it.

adirondaki

Reaction score
I flipped back and forth between the game and WW. The Israeli PM's suit struck me, too, as being notably nice. Â Ironically, at least with respect to authenticity, Israeli politicians tend to dress down. Â With the exception of Benjamin Netanyahu, one does not regularly see Israeli public figures in suits and ties, much less really nice suits and ties.

tdial

Reaction score
How could you be watching the West Wing and not the Red Sox?

I am actually an avid West Wing viewer, but my priorities were elsewhere last night. I too had never been much of a DB fan, but you should check out the suit A. Harris is wearing in his picture on the "HOF: members pictrures" thread (I think he's on page 3). It really made a convert of me, but I'm still not convinced everyone can do it.
Aha. Two televisions. And once I saw the Sox score the run in the first, I knew the game was over (3 hits, 0 runs for the Cards. If not for Larry Walker's meaningless 9th inning homerun in game 3, they would have gotten shut out twice at home. Ouch.).

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I did see Fontana on Law & Order. They are portraying him as a clothes horse, albeit of the flashy variety.

Was there a baseball game last night?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads