• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone watch Formula One Racing?

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Schumacher and Ferrari and Co will win the title from Alonso and Renault and Co.

Ferrari is on a big roll at the moment... with 6 races left....

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup I watched the German GP today. Although I'm glad Ferrari is on form (to end the Renault dominance) I also fear Schumacher and co getting yet another title. I would like to see this go down to the wire but with REnault and co. coming good at the end.

We'll see though.

Anyway I hope to go to Montreal next year for the race. You been to any?

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's just so boring watching Schumi and Ferrari win again. I was really hopeful when it seemed there would be great competition between Alonso, Kimi, Schumi, JP (hah!), Fisichella, and a couple others. Now, while Renault is still doing alright, McLaren is sucking it up (Kimi's 3rd place today not withstanding), and Ferrari seemed to have figured things out again. Disappointing.

b

chrysalid

Reaction score
imo easily the most exciting thing about formula 1 is the off-season driver re-shuffles

UMass

Reaction score
Bridgestone "super rubber", to the rescue.
smile.gif

With the testing ban, Renault may indeed lose the title.
Ferrari will be unstoppable with Shumi, Kimi, and Bridgestone next year.

WalkmanX

Reaction score
I'm a Honda guy myself....come on Jenson, go for your first win before the season ends!!! Though Ferrari will probably win this year.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd like to see a Kimi and Alonso pairing in Maclaren

UMass

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
I'd like to see a Kimi and Alonso pairing in Maclaren

Mclaren has screwed Kimi enough throughout his time there with terrible reliability. Only in 2003 did they give him a reliable car and it was a modified 2002 car!

Poor reliability lost Kimi the title last year what going to change next year?
Plus, Mclaren is going to lose car designer Arian Newley.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about the damper issue?

Seems that Renault was not using the Mass Dampers for the German GP (which is supposed be one of the reasons for the loss in performance)...while they have decided to use them for the next race.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UMass
Mclaren has screwed Kimi enough throughout his time there with terrible reliability. Only in 2003 did they give him a reliable car and it was a modified 2002 car! Poor reliability lost Kimi the title last year what going to change next year? Plus, Mclaren is going to lose car designer Arian Newley.
Yeah, this has been so disappointing. Kimi is clearly one hell of a driver and his car just fails over and over. And it's usually been the engine--all Mercedes's fault. And if the team is losing Newey that is huge.
Originally Posted by Dragon
What about the damper issue? Seems that Renault was not using the Mass Dampers for the German GP (which is supposed be one of the reasons for the loss in performance)...while they have decided to use them for the next race.
I only caught a bit of that during the last race but I got the impression that Renault was told they couldn't use it and that was slowing them down. But if they'll be using it in the next race, that must not be the case (that it was forbidden). edit: I just read that Ross Braun, Ferarri's tech director will be taking a year off from F1. Interesting. I wonder what effect that will have. bob

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Adrian Newey already left for Red Bull. Something is telling me that Alonso's presence in the team ought to see MacLaren doing a little better with producing not so fragile cars. Just a hunch..

Anyway the hungary race should be interesting (tho dull, again?)

WN2

Reaction score
I haven't really followed Formula 1 for the last 5 years, it just became too boring even if my compatriots have been fairly successful. However, I was in Frankfurt for a week and a friend convinced me to go watch the GP at Hockenheim. It was pretty awesome when seen live, the race was still pretty boring but for a car man like me the sound of the cars alone justified the visit. I have never used earplugs in any concerts etc and wasn't planning to use any at the GP, but after two laps I just had to put them on or risk losing my hearing ability for good. I won't probably go to a race again but I can recommend one time for anyone who is even slightly interested. Probably the same with Indycars or equivalent events.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads