• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone want to weigh in on women's fashion?

Reaction score
I know this section is the men's fashion section, but what about the ladies? what parts of their fashion do you dislike/particularly like?

I came across this segment on yahoo just now and thought it was pretty entertaining.

(feel free to move this to another section if it fits better there)

http://yahoo.match.com/y/article.asp...annerID=709243

In my opinion, sweats with brand names and such aren't fashionable at all. Enough with all the brands!

-Bobby

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uggs!!! My goodness, everyone wears them in LA. It's perpetual summer here, ffs!

lastlight

Reaction score
Fricking yoga pants, yeah your butt looks good in them, but here in Vancouver where lululemon was born it is a pandemic. The overabundance of yoga-wear has led to every girl underdressing and putting no real effort in to her clothing.

Work, clubs, restaurants: freaking yoga pants. If I can carry seperate clothes for the gym in my truck, you can to.

YES MAD

On a side note I am a big fan of brouge heels, trendy yes but attractive.

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't understand why they do this. At the gym, perfect. At home, lovely. Around town, not so much. I like the whole, "I don't need to dress up to look attractive," notion, but sometimes its more of an etiquette thing.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lastlight
Fricking yoga pants, yeah your butt looks good in them, but here in Vancouver where lululemon was born it is a pandemic. The overabundance of yoga-wear has led to every girl underdressing and putting no real effort in to her clothing. Work, clubs, restaurants: freaking yoga pants. If I can carry seperate clothes for the gym in my truck, you can to.

1) I'm moving to Vancouver.
2) You're gay, in case you haven't figured it out yet.

Jazzop

Reaction score
Things worthy of summary execution:

1. Anything with words written across the butt (e.g., "PINK"). The only function this performs is to remind the observer of tractor-trailers with the words "Wide Load" across the back.

2. Bangs

3. High-waisted anything

4. Anything made of jersey fabric

5. Slip-on flats

6. Socks with individual toe pockets.

7. [fortunately, these are not currently in style] backless blouses that look like baby bibs, popular with the club hoochies.

8. Skinny jeans, capris, or any pant that tapers toward the ankle. They only emphasize how much wider one's hips are relative to the rest of the lower body. If you want to pick up black men, go ahead and wear them. I don't do fatties.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jazzop

1. Anything with words written across the butt (e.g., "PINK"). The only function this performs is to remind the observer of tractor-trailers with the words "Wide Load" across the back.

2. Bangs

3. High-waisted anything

5. Slip-on flats

7. [fortunately, these are not currently in style] backless blouses that look like baby bibs, popular with the club hoochies.

8. Skinny jeans, capris, or any pant that tapers toward the ankle. They only emphasize how much wider one's hips are relative to the rest of the lower body. If you want to pick up black men, go ahead and wear them. I don't do fatties.

You gotta be kidding me! Girls with bangs are hot! Asian girls anyway...

Daseinflaw

Reaction score
That cami + shirt combo is usually a good choice.
V-neck sweaters and polos can work occasionally, but it depends on the girl.

Skirts are great if they can pull them off. Skirts with leggings could potentially be great too.

chrisb0109

Reaction score

2. Bangs

3. High-waisted anything

5. Slip-on flats

You should probably qualify some of these by indicating you are referring to slightly out of shape women in the first place.

High waisted anything, jersey, backless items, and skinny pants/jeans are not flattering on people without the bodies to pull them off.

BillyMaysHere!

Reaction score
Bangs
Wrong
High-waisted anything
Wrong!
8. Skinny jeans, capris, or any pant that tapers toward the ankle. They only emphasize how much wider one's hips are relative to the rest of the lower body.
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!
If you want to pick up black men, go ahead and wear them. I don't do fatties.
53jwo5v.jpg

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are we not in the mens clothing thread? if there are no boobs im not interested

jambo

Reaction score
Audrey Hepburn pretty much summarizes how I believe a woman should dress - conservative enough to be taken seriously as an employee/wife/mother, but revealing enough to provide some hint of her physical attributes.

http://www.owensarchive.com/images/u...in_kitchen.jpg

Stacey London from What Not to Wear (a show in the U.S.) is a good modern example of this.

Oh, and the person who said that he doesn't like flats needs to completely reevaluate that - ballet flats are classic staples in woman's fashion, and they can look so good on a shapely pair of bare legs.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bangs?
cute-short-haircut-hebe.jpg

This threak got me thinking... SF approved shoes, suits, ties etc etc... while we're at it why not move to DT and create a SF approved woman
laugh.gif
!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads