• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Anyone wanna "mystery shop"?

AintDatRite

Reaction score
From hanging out here for a lil while now, a lot of yall are very 'picky' and pay attention to little details; I think yall would be good 'mystery shoppers'. A few years ago, when I complained about an order from a restaurant, the manager invited me to sign up with the company that evaluated his franchises as a mystery shopper... so I did. For the last 3 years, I've received a free pizza each month (about $240 worth of pizza a year - and $76 as 'compensation'), in addition to other items I've received from various 'shops'. The company for which I do these shops is seeking additional shoppers all over the world. So, if any of yall would be interested in being a mystery shopper, send me a PM with your email address and I will send you an 'invitation' to sign up.

Basically, you will visit a business (retail, food, etc) and shop/place an order (for which you will be reimbursed or you return the item, depending upon the type of 'shop'), as well as receive a small compensation payment. For example, in the United States, Papa Johns, Hollister, A&F and Lowes are a few of the businesses that are available. A 'typical' Papa Johns 'shop' would require you to would order a pizza for delivery and evaluate the ordering and delivery process (how many rings before the phone was answered, did they put you on hold and, if so, how long, did they offer specials, upsell, proper uniform and signage on the delivery vehicle, etc) and take digital photos of the pizza (top, side, bottom - yes you flip the pizza over) and upload them. In return, you would be reimbursed for the price of pizza, the tip and receive 'payment' of $5 or $6. The pay isn't great, and you cant make a living from it, but everyone likes free stuff... right?

This isnt limited to the United States, people living in the following countries are definitely encouraged to contact me: Mexico, India, Brazil, Switzerland, France, Germany, Turkey, Japan, Italy and Spain.

Note: NEVER pay a fee to sign up as a mystery shopper! You will be an independent contractor (no 1099's are issued unless you earn more than $600 in a year - reimbursement for items doesn't count as earned pay). If anyone asks you to pay a fee to sign up for any mystery shopper program - RUN.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't mean any offense by this question, but I'd like to know--is this a MLM type thing, where you get paid some commission on people you bring into the business, or are you just trying to help?

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought this was gonna be some "Secret Santa" type shit. Anyone up for that?

AintDatRite

Reaction score
Is it MLM where I receive a bonus/compensation based on what a referred person would do after they enroll? No - you cant build up your own little 'kingdom' of shoppers, each adding to your check. They sent me an email tonight reminding me to sign up for my December pizza shop and asking me to refer more people and offering a bonus for each. I had that site and this site opened so I simply posted a thread over here... If i werent on this site whilst I was reading my email, I most likely wouldnt have posted anything about it; I dont think about it that much. Have I referred people to them without receiving a 'bonus'? All the time... this is the first time they've ever offered a bonus, of which I am aware.

In full disclosure, I would receive $2 IF you signed up and did a shop within 90 days...

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks. PM me with the link if you want. I'll check it out.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AintDatRite
In full disclosure, I would receive $2 IF you signed up and did a shop within 90 days...
Whoa, don't go crazy and spend it all in one place now.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
Whoa, don't go crazy and spend it all in one place now.

Shut up fatty get back on the treadmill so you can have Howie Mandell shiny balls come holiday time.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Thanks. PM me with the link if you want. I'll check it out.
+1, might as well at least take a look

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 28 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 257 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 124 15.7%